Chapter 18

I sipped my frozen lemonade drink as I waited for Xander. A day after I got home, today, I texted him, asking how he knew that I'm a wolf and who he really is. He answered me quickly, said to some to Tim Hortons so here I am. I need answers. He also told me to go to the Tim Hortons in the next town over so it was a long bicycle ride.

Then the bell on the door rang out and the familiar smell filled the room. I looked to see that it's Xander. Now that I noticed it he kind of smells like wet dog. Then he looked like he started to smell the air and looked over at me.

He walked over to me and sat down across from me. He reached across the table and took my drink. I growled and went to take it back but before I could he took a drink. I grabbed the drink back and I growled at him again.

"Hm, that's pretty good. So what do you want to know?" He asked.

"How do you know I'm a Lupus Meam?" I asked quietly.

"Ah so you are a Lupus Meam, I thought that or a werewolf," he said.

"But how did you even know in the first place?" I asked.

"I'm a fae, as in a fairy, and a werewolf," he told me. "Faes can sense that type of things." A werewolf? That must explain why he smells like wet dog.

"Wow, I never knew there was so many supernatural creatures," I murmured. "Of course except for vampires, can't forget about them."

"Wait, how do you know about vampires?" He asked, sharply.

"Well there's kind of one at my school," I explained. A growl started in his throat.

"A vampire in your school? You have to stay away. Lupus Meam's blood is irresistible to vampires," he warned. I looked down at my drink.

"Yeah...... I know," I murmured.

"What did you mean by that? You didn't let him drink from you, did you?" He asked, forcing me to look at him.

"He was going to tell everyone what I am. He was going to reveal my secret," I defended myself.

"Do you ever wonder why vampires always kill their victims when they drink from them? Well because when a vampire drinks from someone a bond between them, so strong that if one of them dies the other dies as well. With humans only one drinking does it, for other supernatural creatures it takes about two or three. I'm not meaning to tell you what to do or anything but you should be carful," he told me. I nodded.

"Thanks for the warning," I thanked him. Shaw drank from me two times, I wonder if a bond formed between us. It doesn't seem like it though, does it?

"Any other questions?" He asked.

"Um," I dragged on, thinking.

"While you do that I'm going to go get something to eat. You want anything?" He asked and stood up. I shook my head. He shrugged. "Okay, suite yourself." He walked off to stand in line. I saterted to drink my drink and bye the time he got his food, a cream cheese bagel, and sat back down I am already close to finished it.

"Okay I have a question," I said. He nodded for me to continue. "What's it like to be a werewolf? Are you in a pack or something?"

"The 'gang' that I'm the leader of is really my pack, I'm the alpha. As for life of a werewolf, we patrol our borders to make it so no one trespasses, once in a while someone trespasses though which usually doesn't end badly. Other then that we live pretty normal lives. Other then on full moons, oh how I love full moons. Every full moon the pack shifts and we go hunting in the woods," he exlaimed, his face is lit up like a little kid on christmas. "You must come with us this full moon, run with us. The pack would love to meet you."

"I'm not sure. And anyways, I wouldn't exacely be able to keep up, I don't think I will be shifting anytime soon," I said sadly. Even with the full moon growing near I don't feel any different, like I would turn into a wolf kind of different.

"Don't worry, you'll be able to keep up, even in human form," he assured me.

"Okay, maybe I will," I said with a smile. He smiled back. Then before he could react I took his food and ate it. Ah, the best tasting food comes unwillingly.