Chapter 26

"Thanks for driving me, you want to come in for a drink?" I asked and got out of his car with my damp clothes, after my clothes got soaked I borrowed some of Arica's clothes. He looks hesitant.

"I should start looking into things, why you couldn't shift," he told me. I sighed.

"Everything will be there when you get back, you probably won't find anything anyways," I said, the last part sadly.

"Okay, I'll come in. But don't say I won't find anything to help you," he told me. I nodded. He got out of the car and walked over to me. We walked up to the door and I opened it and stepped in.

As soon I walked in the familiar sents of my adopted mom, and Adrian. My eyes widened. I looked over at Xander, he noticed as well. I started to back up but then I heard footsteps approaching us and mom appeared. She smiled at us.

"Hi, your home," she greeted then looked at Xander. "Who's this?"

"I'm Xander, Asena's friend. It's nice to meet you Ms. Nightshade," he greeted politely.

"It's nice to meet you as well. You can call me Diana, and I'm her foster mom," she told him. He looks surprised but covered it up.

"Of course," he said like he knew that I was adopted for a while.

"Why don't you two come into the kitchen, I just put tea on to boil. Oh and Asena, your friend Adrian is here," she told me. Then the loud whistle of the kettle sounded. "There it is." She walked off to the kirchen. My breath caught in my throat, why is he here? I thought.

"You do know that he's a hunter right?" Xander asked me. I nodded. "Okay, just making sure. Come on let's go see what he wants, don't worry he wouldn't do anything with your mom here." I nodded. I walked with Xander into the kitchen. Mom is pouring hot water into the tea pot and Adrian is sitting on one of the stools. He looked over at me and smiled then his sincere smile turned into a fake one when he looked at Xander.

"Hi Asena," he greeted me but ignored Xander.

"Adrian, this is Xander. Xander, this is Adrian," she introduced them. Xander nodded slowly.

"Yeah, we've talked a few times," Xander said slowly.

"So I was going to tell you when you got home but I don't think you'll mind with Xander being here as well. Adrian came over here to talk with you about how he is moving because his dad has to live in the city for a year. So we got talking and I have arranged with his father for him to live here with us for the time being ing," she announced. "I figured it wouldn't be a problem with you as he is going to be sleeping in the guest bedroom so it's already arranged."

I'm frozen, I can't speak I'm to shocked. He may not know I'm a Lupus Meam but he's a hunter and him living here will just highten the chances of him finding out about me. I mentally shook myself out of the shock. I managed to nod my head.

"Okay," I said. She smiled.

"Good. Later today Adrian will bring his stuff over, as well as his dogs that you walk," she told me. I nodded. Adrian got off the stool.

"I can go now, no good to hold it off," he said. "And again, thank you."

"No problem. I'll come and help you," she volunteered. She looked at me and Xander. "Feel free to have some tea. And while we are gone don't do anything I wouldn't do."

"That's not saying much," I joked, acting normal again, it's not like I can do anything about it. She glared at me playfully. Then she walked off, Adrian looked back at me then followed suite.

"Are you okay? Are you okay with this?" Xander asked instantly. I sighed.

"He doesn't know what I am so it's not like I'm in danger of him trying to kill me. Anyways, it's not like I could do anything about it," I said.

"If he lays a figure on you, call me and I'll eat him," he said.

"I can take care of myself," I said with a scoff.

"I don't doubt it, I just want you to know that I will always be there for you," he told me. I smiled.

"Thanks, it means a lot," I thanked him.

"No problem," he said back.

"You want some tea?" I asked. He shook his head.

"No thanks, I have to go anyways. I have a very, very boring pack meeting to attend. Yay for being Alpha, whoop, whoop," he grumbled. I laughed at him. I walked him to the front door. He walked out and I waved.

"Have fun!" I yelled after him as he drove away. I closed the door and walked back to the kitchen. I poured myself some tea and added three teaspoons of sugar and milk. Then I groaned when I realized, the guest bedroom is right beside mine.

He sure as hell better not snore.