Chapter 22

The rest of the day I had a sick feeling in my stomach. I also never saw Shaw again for the rest of the day.

"....Asena, Asena, hello? Earth to Asena," Arica's voice pulled me out of worried thoughts about Shaw. I looked over at her.

"Sorry, lost in thought," I apologized. I finished packing up everything from my locker and slung my bag over my shoulder.

"You've been down all day, anything bothering you?" She asked. "I know that we haven't been friends for very long but you can trust me."

"Thanks, everything is fine," I lied. I can't talk to her about it, and anyways, I can't betray Shaw like that. She nerrowed her eyes at me. Then she shrugged.

"Okay, if you say so. So are you coming tonight?" She asked.

"Come where?" I asked. She looked blankly at me.

"Wow you weren't kidding when you said you where lost in thought. I was asking if you decided if you are coming to our pack for the full moon tonight," she said. Hu, I haven't even thought about it. I don't know if I should spend it with mom or not. I think that mom would understand though.

"Oh, that. Yeah I'll come, someone will just have to pick me up though," I told her. She smiled.

"Great! Xander will pick you up, I'll get him to text you when he's coming," she said. I nodded.

"I guessing your eyes don't change color on the day of the full moon," I guessed by her not wearing any sunglasses, I have to though. She nodded.

"I'm more fae then Lupus Meam," she explained. I nodded. "That also, sadly, means I can't shift." I wonder if I will shift tonight I wondered. As we walked Jessica and her group walked up to us. And surprise, surprise, Ruby is among them.

"Hey, you must be the new girl, Arica. I'm Jessica and these are my friends," she greeted kindly to Arica, totally ignoring me. Ruby wouldn't even look me on the eye. She feels guilty, good.

"Its nice to meet you," Arica said back, her voice cold.

"You want to come to the mall later, you must not have talked to a lot of people of your hanging out with this slut," Jessica said, her voice sweet but cruel, looking at me. I just stood there, I don't feel like doing anything about it. Mabye it's the fact that my once best friend won't even stick up for me.

"Coming from you that doesn't say a lot," Arica snorted, looking her up and down. Jessica nerrowed her eyes at Arica and her friends gasped.

"You just picked the wrong side new girl," she whispered and spun around and walked off, her little friends following suit. I started to walk again and Arica had to run to catch up.

"What was that about?" She asked.

"Nothing, they just think they are the boss of the school," I growled.

"Ah, yes there where people like that at my old school, you just have to show them your the Alpha here, that your the boss," she said symply. Then she laughed. "It's also handy if you have powers like me so when they are not looking, poof! Their homework is on fire!" I laughed.

"Thanks for standing up for me," I thanked her once I stopped laughing.

"No problem, why where they saying that stuff about you though?" She asked. I sighed.

"Just some stupid rumors that everyone believed," I said. She frowned.

"Some people will believe anything they hear," she said. I nodded. We walked out of the school into the fresh air. "We have a girl in our pack that is like that, spreads rumors like wild fire and with her mate helping her it doesn't make things any better."

"Mate?" I repeated, confused.

"You really don't know much eh. A mate is like a boyfriend or a girlfriend for supernatural creatures exept they are your mate for life and when your mate dies it takes a great tole on you. I've heard of some going into depression because their mate died," she explained, stopping to take a breath then continued. "Some also say that when they knew right away that they where their mate, like a sole mate type of deal. But I don't know though since I haven't found mine yet."

"Wow, that was a lot to take in," I said. She nodded. Then I heard a familiar rumble and my buss appeared.

"I'll see you later," she said. I nodded.

"See you then," I said back and got onto the buss. I walked to a empty seat and sat down. The buss started to drive and I looked out the window. As the buss drove I saw Shaw walking on the side walk with his head hanging low. I felt the same sick feeling I had felt earlier.