Chapter 25

I slowly opened my eyes with a groan. I slowly sat up and held my head as a searing head ache attacked me. I looked around, I'm sitting on a king sized bed. I'm in a bedroom with clothes thrown everywhere. It looks like a typical tenager's room. Where am I though? This isn't my bedroom I thought.

Then everything that happened last night came back at me like a flood. Running, the hunt, the fireflies, falling asleep beside Xander.... I blushed. I way I acted around him, true enough I wasn't really in control since my wolf side took over but still, it was still me.

Then the door opened slowly. I tensed then relaxed when I realized it's only Xander. He's holding a cup of water and something in his hand.

"Hi," he greeted and walked over to me. He passed me the water and two pills. "Here, this will help with your head ache. I remember when I had my first shift, I had a killer head ache in the morning." I thanked him and swallowed the pills with the water.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"Your in the pack house in my bedroom," he told me. My eyes widened, in his bedroom? "It's okay, I slept on the couch."

"Oh," I said awkwardly.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Other then the head ache I feel great! Better then I've ever felt," I exclaimed.

"So I'm guessing your first shift was good?" he asked with a smile. I nodded and smiled.

"I'm sorry for how I acted towards you last night, I guess the full moon got to me," I apologized, I can feel my face growing hot with embarrassment.

"It's okay, full moons can get... well as you saw interesting," he said with a smile. "I think that was the best full moon I've had."

"Was it because I was there?" I joked. He just smiled, not doing or saying anything that shows he disagrees with what I said. He just looked at me with that dorky smile of his. I wonder what he's thinking about I wondered to myself.

"You must be hungry, you want to go down stairs and get something to eat?" He asked, moving his eyes from mine. I nodded furiously and moved off the bed.

Then I looked down at what I'm wearing. I'm wearing the same clothes I had on yesterday except that they are dirty and ripped in several places.

"I didn't want to change you into clean clothes while you where sleeping without your permission so I didn't, I'm sure Arica will lend you some clothes though," he told me. I nodded thanks.

I followed him out of his bedroom and down a set of stairs. Hallways led off into different directions, doors on either which side. If you didn't know it like the back of your hand you would get lost with a snap of your fingers.

I followed him down another set of stairs, this time they led off to a big living room with a flat screen t.v. This doesn't seam like the house when he took me from school, he must have another one somewhere.

The living room flowed into a huge kitchen, delicious smells of bacon, eggs, turkey bacon and sausages came from it. I drifted towards it with Xander alongside me.

We walked into the room, there is around seven people getting food and talking about last night. A guy with platinum blonde hair and amber eyes who I remembered Xander saying is Jack the beta walked past me but wouldn't meet my eyes.

"What's with him?" I asked as we served ourselves some food.

"He is the white wolf that you growled at last night. I'm guessing his ego is still wounded. Being a high ranking wolf he usually doesn't get challenged, and definitely not being challenged and loosing," he said.

"Now I feel kind of guilty," I murmured.

"It's okay, it's how it works. He went to put you in your place but it ended up with you putting him in his," he said with a chuckle.

"Oh, I still feel kinda bad though," I admitted. We walked out of the kitchen with our food.

"To want to eat down here or in my room?" He asked. I weighed out my opinions.

"Let's eat down here, to many stairs," I explained dad waved my hand lazily towards the staircase. He laughed. He led me to a unoccupied couch and I sat down beside him. I started to eat and man does it taste good.

"Your wolf side must have high dominance levels to stand up to Jack, or mabye it's just a Lupus Meam thing," he wondered out loud. I shrugged and continued to eat.

As I ate my mind kept drifting off to last night, running through the forest, making the kill, sleeping next to Xander...

"Asena, your eyes are gold," Xander's worried voice kind of pulled dme out of the trance but not completely.

"It's okay, after the full moon I get speaks of gold in my eyes," I mumbled, still remembering.

"No I mean they are completely gold," he said urgently. I blinked out of my thoughts and looked over at a mirror hanging on the wall to see that he is right. My eyes are completely gold. I can hear and feel my heart racing. I stood up. I need to get to the forest.

"I have to go," I murmured. I ran out of the living room and back into the kitchen. I ran through the kitchen, not even caring if I bumped into anyone. I just need to get out of here. I used the screen glass door that leads into the back yard and ran out.

I ran to the tree line and dropped to my knees. I closed my eyes and concentrated on what I look like then me turning into my wolf form but when I opened my eyes I'm still on my knees. I'm still human. I cursed and stood. I punched a tree with all my strength then started to run. I heard cracks from the tree and then a loud crash as it fell to the ground, I didn't pay any attention to it though.

I ran, jumping over logs and rocks. My senses are hightened like when I shifted but I'm not a wolf. I can smell rain is coming and the clouds are starting to get dark, I don't want to go back though. I stared out at the water, the rain drops dropping on the water.

Then I smelled the familiar smell of Xander and heard him running towards me. Then he spined me around by the shoulders. His hair and clothes are soaked. I'm very close to him, so close that I can feel his body heat.

"What where you doing running off like that? I was worried about you. Wait, why are you crying?" He whispered and wiped away a tear that I didn't know was there.

"I tried to shift again, I tried. But I couldn't. It never happened did it? It wasn't real. It was all just a dream," I whispered, hanging my head. He lifted up my head by my chin so I have to look at him.

"It was real, you are a beautiful gold wolf, I saw you, we played together," he whispered. He took my hand and brought it up to his ear, my fingers brushed against a cut. "That is where you nicked me with your sharp teeth, it was real, it was very, very real. Everything that you felt was real. I don't know why you can't shift right now, but I promise I will find out why." He leaned forward and rubbed his nose against my nose and leaned his forehead against mine.

"Thank you," I whispered. "Thank you so much..."