Chapter 20

I bit into my turkey, cheese and mayonnaise sandwich on toasted bread.

"Wow you must have been as hungry as a wolf," Leo joked. I smiled at that. Ha, it's funny cause its true. "So what are we doing after we eat?"

"I told you before, its a surprise," I told him. He opened his mouth to say something, probably about how I can't drive but I cut him off. "And before you say you have to know its in walking distance from here."

"You know I hate surprises," he told me with a frown.

"I know, it just makes it even more perfect," I said with a smirk. He groaned. He went to take a drink just to see that its gone.

"I'm going to go get another one," he told me and stood up. He walked off to order. I guess we could have called over a waitrist or watter but its so busy in here it would take to long. A girl, around my age with brown hair and eyes walked up to me that apparently works here cause she has a name tage on her uniform which says Arica. She smells like wet dog, she's a werewolf.

She growled at me and barred her teeth, she wants me to back down. Not going to happen. I stood up and growled and barred my teeth. I looked at her in the eye, not backing down. I can feel my eyes turning from golden and back again.

"What are you doing on my pack's territory?" She snarled.

"Oh you mean your Alpha's territory, Xander if I'm not mistaken. Nice guy. And if you must know he allowed me to come here, so back off," I snarled at her and took a step towards her. I growled at her. She let her guard down and looked away from me.

She let out a whimper and moved back, away from me. She glared at me one last time before walking away. So much for the pack loving to meet me I thought. As my anger faded I felt my eyes turn back to blue. Leo walked back over to me with a drink in his hand, by the smell of it, Root Beer. I sat back down and he did to. he looks worried.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I assured him.

"Okay," he said with a shrug and sipped his drink. The bell on the door rang as someone walked into the restaurant. I looked over to see who it is. It's Xander. He walked over and sat at the bar and started to talk to Arica. I stood up.

"I'll be back, I just need to go do something," I told him. He nodded. I walked over to Xander. Arica looked at me cautiously. He looked over at me.

"Hi," he greeted.

"Hi, you following me or something?" I asked. He shook his head.

"No, I got a call from Arica saying that there is a dangerous rouge werewolf here," he explained.

"Oh, makes sense. I feel honored that you think that I'm dangerous," I said, looking at Arica. Arica growled.

"It's okay Arica, she's a friend. I allowed her in the pack's territory. Also you should just assume stuff about people, she's not a werewolf. She's a Lupus Meam," he told her. Her eyes widened and she stopped growling.

"Your a Lupus Meam? I thought they where all hunted down," she exclaimed.

"Well apparently not, cause well here I am," I said with a smile. Arica started to growl again, this time suspiciously.

"Calm down sis, she's a friend. You will be going to school with her soon so you should become friends now," he told her.

"What do you mean? Don't you have a high school here?" I asked.

"Well there was a um incident and the shcool burned down, because of someone..." he trailed off and glared at Arica.

"I swear it wasn't my falt," she defended herself.

"Sure," he said with his arms crossed, not believeing her. "So she got expelled and has to go to a different school."

"You could of just ate them," she muttered. He rolled his eyes.

"Wait aren't you a werewolf too?" I asked Arica.

"Um no, she's my half sister. You know when I told you I'm half werewolf half fae? Well she is pure fae. Are dad's are the same, not our mothers," he explained to me, I can tell that he's uncomfortable talking about it. I nodded. He looked past me in the direction where Leo is sitting, probably waiting for me. "You should get back to your date, he's starting to look impatient." I snorted.

"He is not my date thank you very much," I defended myself.

"Sure," he said not believeing me. I ignored him and looked at Arica.

"I will see you at school," I said to Arica.

"Yeah, see you then. And sorry for being so hostile," she apologized.

"Meh, it's okay," I said. She smiled. I turned back around and walked back over to Leo. I sat back down across from him.

"Who was that?" He asked.

"Just some friends, thought I'd say hi," I answered him. He sighed.

"Okay," he said, but he doesn't really sound like he believes me.