{lip imagine #1}

You and Lip had a, well, weird, sort of relationship

You and Lip had a, well, weird, sort of relationship. This relationship you both had going on has been happening since 7th grade. No, you never had sex, suprisingly. But, you both flirted... a lot. Everyone would tell you guys to date already but neither of you had the courage to share your true feelings with the other. You aren't afraid to tell Lip how you feel because you know he feels the same. However, you didn't want to ruin your relationship with him.

A guy that you have liked for awhile now, asked you out and you've been going out for a few months. Lip has changed. He barely speaks to you anymore and when he does it's something stupid like, "hey, y/n, can you pass the ketchup." You've tried to talk to him, but he just pushes you away. Then, he started fucking Karen Jackson. You weren't exactly pissed about that, but it did hurt you in a way. But, you never thought of how maybe dating your current boyfriend may have hurt Lip.

One day, Lip was on the curb infront of your house, drunk, debating whether he should confess his feelings for you or yell at you for hurting him like you did. He decided on doing both.

You were walking home from the store, two grocery bags in each hand, when you saw Lip walking across the street where you were.

"Oh, hey, Lip. What are you doing here," you awkwardly asked. He stomped his cigarette out and walked infront of you.

"How could you do that to me," he asked, hurt and anger in his face.

"Lip, what the hell are you talking about? Are you drunk," you set the grocery bags down.

"How could you go out with that fucking jock. You know how I feel about you, but you didn't care did you? No, that's right you didn't. Because if you did, you would-" you cut him off, beginning to get angry.

"Lip, I have no fucking clue how you feel about me! You never told me. You never made an effort to tell me! What was I supposed to do? Wait up in my room for you to climb up my window, confess your unconditional love for me, and then live happily ever after? Turn down every guy that tried to ask me out?"

"Yes! Yes, that's exactly what you fucking do! Because I-I really fucking love you!" Your face softened at the word "love". You've never heard Lip say that word to anyone besides his family. Ever.

In that moment, you couldn't help but stare into his huge, beautiful, blue eyes. You stepped closer and grabbed his cheeks. Before you could kiss him, he kissed you. It was passionate and you felt something really amazing. You never wanted to stop that feeling. But, you pulled away to look back into his eyes.

"I love you, y/n," he whispered, leaning his forehead on your's.

"I love you, too, Lip," you said back as your lips formed into a smile.

a/n: first imagine, don't know if i like it lol.