{carl imagine #2}

(part 2)

You were laying on your bed, scrolling through your phone, when someone appeared in your doorway

You were laying on your bed, scrolling through your phone, when someone appeared in your doorway. You looked up and saw that it was Carl. He had a big cut on his forehead, making you jump up and run over to him.

"Shit, Gallagher," you said, examining the cut. "What happened?"

"Don't worry about it," he snapped. You took a step back, his reaction catching you off guard. "Sorry," he apologized after he realized how he might have sounded.

"What do you want," you asked. You tried not to sound rude, but you didn't do a very good job.

"Wanted to make sure you were okay. You were acting weird today after school," he told you. "So, are you okay?" You shrugged, taking a seat on the edge of your bed. "Well, what's wrong?"

"I don't know," you lied. You knew exactly what was wrong with you. However, you didn't want to tell Carl the truth. You couldn't.

"Yeah you do," he said. "Just tell me what's wrong." You gave in, knowing that if you didn't tell him the truth he wouldn't leave you alone about it until you did.

"It's just... I hate it when you talk about Dominique," you told him.

"I figured. Do you not like her or something," he asked.

"I liked her until you started liking her." Your heart began to race and the butterflies in your stomach went crazy.

"Why?" Carl took a seat next to you on the edge of your bed. You took a deep breath before you had to admit something you've been holding back for years.

"Because I have feelings for you... and when you talk about other girls I get jealous," you said. You finally said it, but you didn't feel like the weight on your shoulders had been lifted.

There was a long moment of silence before Carl stood up. He turned around and looked down at you.

"I'm sorry, y/n. I didn't know you felt that way," he apologized. "But I-I don't think I feel the same way. I'm sorry." You looked down at your hands that were resting on your lap. "I'll see you later, y/n/n." He left the room without saying anything else. You waited in the same position hoping that he would come back and comfort you. You hoped that he would run back into your room and tell you that he actually felt the same. But, he didn't.