The Beginning

"You are not going to believe this," I said as I looked in the mirror. The mirror wasn't very big. In fact, it was a cheap handheld mirror I got at the dollar store. Looking away from it, I set it down and began moving quickly through the room. I grabbed my coat, my phone, my wallet, a knife, and my backpack. 

With the situation happening outside, I wasn't sure when I would come back here.

"Okay. Let's go, Elle."

"Sure thing Y/N." Answered Elle.

We both ran out of the building trying to ignore the screams of terror and the cries for help. I took out my phone. "Do you have the mirror?" 

"Yeah. I picked it up before we left."

"That's good," I said typing in a number on my phone. I muttered to myself as the call finally went through.

"Levi where is Eren?"  I cautiously said into the phone. Being related to an injury-prone younger brother like Eren was more stressful than finals.

"Stop worrying so much Y/N," Levi said with a yawn. "Eren's with me."

"Oh," I said letting out a breath. " Stay with him and get somewhere safe, please." He hadn't said anything yet when I heard a shout behind me. "Y/N, look out!"

I turned just as a figure flung itself at my causing me to fall and drop my phone. I used my hand to push against them as they struggled to bite me. I screamed as my hand slipped and the decaying face fell towards me.

I woke up sweating rapidly. Why did the dream always end like this? This was the 23rd time this month (not like you were counting... right?) that I had this dream. Every time, I or someone else I cared about died.

I sighed grabbing my phone and started scrolling through Twitter. It was about 2:50 am and I knew I wouldn't sleep again. Getting up, I walked to the bathroom using it before walking out again. I shook my head as I grabbed my keys and carefully made my way out of my room trying not to way my roommate and best friend Elle.

I grabbed my slides and stepped out of the apartment before making my way down and out onto the sidewalk. I looked around before crossing the road to the convenience store.

"Hey, Y/n. Can't sleep again?"

"Hey, Raph. Yeah, just another night."

"A young kid like you shouldn't be losing sleep so early in life. So, what'll it be today?"

"Just some ice cream," I said laying my head on the counter. He turned opening the freezers behind him before ringing it up. I stood up again pulling out my card from the pouch on my keys. I paid before waving goodbye and leaving.

When I got back to my room in the apartment, I turned on my laptop and bought myself some train tickets to Canada. Maybe the dreams just meant I missed the two idiots.

Sometime later, I took my packed bag and said goodbye to Elle before getting on the train. "Canada, here I come." 

Because I had some time to spare, I took out my phone and started a new anime I had just gotten into called Attack on Titan however, I quickly fell asleep due to how tired I was. When I woke up later, however ... I wasn't watching it anymore... I was in it.

"Come on Levi. Pick up the phone already." I was getting frustrated when my phone suddenly went off.