Grieving

??? POV

They don't know what's going on. That's good. Now we need to find a way to get them back to their dimension. They don't know that Attack on Titan was based on them. That they were born in Shigashina. The reality they are in consists of the same people. As soon as I send them back they will forget everything thing but what I want them to remember. Just you wait Jäeger. You will remember your life as an underground thug. Bigger than Ackerman. And much more dangerous.

"Sir, she has boarded the train."

"Thank you Dr. Lindsdale"

"No problem at all."

This time I win.

Y/n POV

I picked up my phone to look at the number when I was suddenly blinded then everything went dark.

I woke up to the sound of talking. I slowly got up from the cot I was resting on. "Ma, what are you doing up so early?" I questioned my mother as I yawned making my way to her. " Making breakfast sweet pea." 

"Dad isn't back yet?" 

" No sweetie. I know you miss him but he'll be back, okay?" I nodded in response. We rarely saw Dad because he had been recruited by the survey corps and we always feared he would be killed in action. "I'm going out to play."

"Again? Sweetie," She kneeled to my height placing her hands on my shoulders. " It's dangerous out there. I can't let you keep going out like that. Who knows what could happen especially today?" 

I love my ma but she is too paranoid. But I understand since I was her only surviving child. I love both of my parents but they need to relax more. And I don't know what I will do if they died of the stress that I created.

Unlike my parents, who had blond hair and grey eyes, I had dark brown hair and hazel eyes. I knew it was because we weren't blood-related. My brothers, before they died, told me that Dad had found me while out on an expedition.

"Okay, Ma. Let's go to the market. I hear they have fresh fruit."

"Oh alright." She said as she stood smiling. She always has the best smiles.

Tomorrow I'm turning 12 or was it 11. We weren't really sure. We were about to leave when Dad came in. "Dad! You're here!" I exclaimed running up to him.

"Y/N! How's my little girl?" He said picking me up and spinning me around. I get it, I'm malnourished. What can I do? Considering all things, I'm still doing better than most other kids. We talked for a bit then it finally left to change.

I put my shoes on then a small sweater over my dress. I stood up just as he walked out. "Where are you going today?"

"We're going to the market for fruit, soup, and soap."

"Can I come along?" He asked raising an eyebrow. " Yes!" Then I started feeling queasy. But I still wanted to go so I ignored it. We had enough money for what we wanted and more. They gave me the rest to use. 

I got a dagger and Candy. They didn't know about the dagger just the candy. Still had some money and kept it. On our way back we ran into some drunk MPs. They tried to grab me and mum. "No. Don't touch my ma."

" Y/n, Serina get out of here now."  I pulled my mother away from Dad and tried to run but she stood in place not moving. I panicked, " Ma, Ma." I said frantically. I must have snapped her out of it. She hid me between 2 buildings unseen. I saw the struggle then dad fell and stopped moving completely. The next to fall was mum. 

The drunkards left and I ran out to check them. They were cooling fast. " No. Ma, dad please don't leave me please, please." I sobbed into their shirts. Then a shadow fell over me. I looked up to see a boy older than me looking at me.

Panicked, I closed my parent's eyes stood up, and left with the last thing they gave me. Courage (and food), and leaving behind what they tried to give me, my innocence. I had become a small broken child with internal scars.