The Fall

We rode back into the district on our horses. The men and women looking beat up. Everyone looking downcast. I mean what could you do after you could you saw your comrades being eaten by a Titan. I mean you could always do what Erwin did and tell them to suck it up.

 I saw a young boy with a girl next to him. He was waving at us smiling the biggest smile I have seen in a while. I saw Erwin look away and I get. It's honestly hard to look at the bright smile of people and feel like you can't protect them because you can't do that much for them. The boy smiled and waved at us the girl beside him unmoving.

It was hard to look away from him and his smile but I did eventually when I heard the shouting of the woman, the mother one of the few, excuse me, many that had died.   

~~~~~

The scientist sighed. "You really know how to entertain someone, don't you Yeager. You've kept me busy for six years, yet here you are. At the age of 29. They say you have your powers for 13 years. Why are you still here? JUST DIE ALREADY!" He let out a shout before standing up and leaving. The scene on the screen changing to another more sinister one. 

~~~~~

Time skip because suicide (a.k.a. Survey Corps) was not shown in the fall.

I looked up at the male. "Let me get this straight," I stood up looking him in the eye, "you're telling me that Shigashina district was invaded by titans? That these two new titans one that's about 60 meters and the other with stone-like armor, broke through two walls, killing over 10, 000 people." He nodded slowly.

 I walked up closer to him, "Erwin," my voice lowered, "Are you talking about the same district that we walked through today?" He nodded again. "And you expect me to fucking believe that?" He paused then nodded again. "This is fucking unbelievable," I muttered pinching the bridge of my nose. "What's the aftermath?" I asked all ready to begin working on a solution. 

"The whole city was evacuated and it was completed infiltrated." I sighed sitting back down. "Where did the evacuees get sent?" Hanji and Levi walked in just then. "Trost," Levi said sitting down at the table. I nodded. "Well if I know those people, they're gonna start a fight. Especially the Military Police. They always have a bone to pick." I said bitterly remembering my time in the underground. "Well then, since we are off duty for a while, let's go to Trost."

~~~Time Skip~~~

I walked into the district with the others. There was a completely different reason I had decided to come. It was to watch the MP's to make sure they didn't do anything to the evacuees. We made our way to where they were handing out food. I stood looking around at the people around me. I looked down to see little children crying or sitting hopelessly. It broke my heart. 

"Nothing more gratifying than seeing our rations going to animals." I raised my head shocked and looked over to where it had come from. "Guess we've got to beef up the herd though," I clenched my jaw in anger, "Eat up! The Titans like a little meat on the bone." I clenched my hand into a fist and looked at something else. My eye landed on the kids I saw yesterday and a blond child next to them. Must be their friend. 

The dark-haired boy approached the MP angrily. "Eren, wait!" The blond called out. "Outta keep ya in cages. Ship you out to the front lines of the buffer." The boy named Eren landed a kick in the MPs' leg. "Ah! Damn it! You picked the wrong man asshole!" The MP said punching him, his buddy kicking him down. 

Eren turned over still on the ground, tears in his eye. "You spineless cowards! All of you! You don't... you don't know what it's like. Have you seen one? You've seen what they can do?" The Mp gasped and advanced towards him. "You little piece of-"

 Before anyone could hold me back I marched up to the guy and pushed him away from Eren. "Are you kids alright?" I asked helping him up and wiping his tears. "Hey! You! Don't you know to mind your own business!" I heard him yell behind me. I stood up brushing my hands onto my white pants. I turned to face him, a glare was evident. 

"You," I said calmly, "Are you part of that shitty Military Police?" I asked getting the attention of everyone around us. "W-who do you think you are?" He asked angrily. "I asked you a question first. Answer it you worthless swine."  

He stuttered "Y-you bitch!" He threw a punch and I let it hit my shoulder. I saw Hanji gasp slightly in surprise. We all knew I could have dodged it if I wanted, but I didn't. It wasn't necessary honestly. He wasn't aiming for my face. Ah, my beautiful, gorgeous face.

He threw another to the left of my face and I moved it to the right. He punched to the right and I moved to the left. I grabbed his fist and twisted it. I turned him around so his arm was behind his back. 

He grunted as I held him. "Answer my question and I'll answer yours," I told him again. "I'm part of the MP." I dropped him watching as he held his arm. "That wasn't so hard now was it. Now scurry along." I turned towards the kids and made sure they were okay. I sent them off and was about to leave when he (Armin) yelled back at me. "Thank you!" I smiled at their tiny forms glad that they still had a little joy in their life before it would be sucked out by the harshness of the world as it showed them the reality of everything and took away everything the loved...Ah, youth.

I turned back to the MP as his friend helped him up. I straightened my back and stared straight at him, the sun breaking through the clouds and shining down. "Who are you?" He asked me again more fearful. I smirked as my eyes darkened "Your worst nightmare"

I left with the others and they looked at me as if I had grown eyes on the back of my head which would have been useful you know. "What was that?"

"What was what?"

"Oh my gosh Y/N! You were totally badass and so cool and ahhhhhh!"

"Dammit, Hanji. Be quiet would ya." I frowned looking at the woman in front of me as she fangirled. I felt a tap on my leg and turned to see a little girl with dirty hair that reached her shoulder looking up at me with wide eyes. "Yes, dear?" She brought out a sword that was still sharp and unused. My eyes widened with surprise. I took the object out of her small hands and gave it to Erwin who was watching me.

"Thank you," I said smiling at her softly. She smiled back at me before running away. "Aww! She's so adorable I can't" I said gushing over her. "Oh no, I don't know her name."

"Wait!" I called out to her. She turned and looked at me. "What's your name?"

"I'm Mia Ashton."

"It's nice to meet you, sweetie."

After she disappeared I turned to the others. "Isn't there a man with the last name Ashton to be enrolled into the refugee volunteers?"

Erwin nodded. "I feel like that child will change the next time you meet her again."

We looked in the direction she had left in before turning and leaving the city.