Assurance

Levi's POV

The little brat left me tied up. I glared at them and they smirked. "Aww. Is mwy wittle bwaby mad." They said in a baby voice reminding me of the first time we met. 

I sighed "You little piece of sh-"

"Eh." They cut me off. "Don't make me have to wash your mouth with soap." They teased with a grin. "You wouldn't," I threatened. "I would." They retorted back daring me to go any farther. "I hate you," I grumbled. "I love you too," they said patting my cheek.  Someone cleared their throat and we looked up. "What?" Y/N asked annoyed. One of the soldiers stuttered out "W-w-we're h-here."

"Oh. Why didn't you tell us." They said their mood changing again causing the soldier to swallow nervously. I smiled slightly but it disappeared when they jumped out of the cart and help us out and followed that damn captain. We stopped in front of a door. They turned towards him "Where am I gonna stay and what is gonna happen next?"

 "You will stay at the Scout Regiments headquarters here in the city and we can talk there. The other three will have to stay here in prison until we work out the situation." 

They nodded and turned to us. "Behave and don't cause problems," they then turned to me "And don't complain if the place is dirty. See you tomorrow." 

They waited until we were put in our cells before leaving with eyebrows. Tch, this place is disgusting. I laid down and fell into an uneasy sleep.

Y/N's POV

I took one last glance behind me before decisively leaving. The ride here had seemed short but it was dark when we stopped so it must've been a while. I wasn't sure if I had fallen asleep at one point or if I had just been in shock and hadn't noticed the time passing. Either way, we were up here finally. It had just taken 20 years but now their future was uncertain. On the ride to where I would be staying for the night, Erwin explained why the Survey Corps had been the one to capture the three.

I came to an understanding of the situation. I looked at the nice houses we drove past, imagining it during the day. I'm sure there would be people walking around in nice clothes with children playing freely on the streets. I imagined that people would get along. There wouldn't be girls getting dragged on the streets, or little boys in chains. There wouldn't be dark alleys where fathers would get stabbed and left for dead while their wives and children were made slaves or prostitutes. I imagined harmony up here but I knew better. 

We were all human. The only difference was that the people living up here had rules that restricted them. I sighed and looked back at Erwin. "What happens next?"

"Well," He paused trying to find the right words. "they will put on trial."

I lowered my head giving a humorless chuckle. Of course. What else did I expect? I looked up at him pursing my lips. "Do you have a plan?"

"The plan is to get them on our side by winning the trial tomorrow-"

"Tomorrow? Huh. I'm going to guess that you didn't see their capture as a priority and put it off till now having the confidence to catch them and return just in time." I inferred not taking my eyes off of him. The cart finally slowed to a stop in front of a wide building with a sign hanging over the door. 

I jump down refusing the other soldiers' help. I turned back to look at Erwin crossing my arms as he got out after me. He looked away as he cleared his throat. "If you would please, tomorrow-"

"Not tomorrow. In a couple hours. Are you positive you can get custody of them? I am not ready to put the lives of those three in some stranger's hands until I am fully aware of everything." I said sternly not taking my eyes off of him. 

"I assure you I will do all that I can, you do not have to worry." He stated as if trying to comfort me but all I did was make me frown. We both turned our heads to look at an elderly man who had come to open the door. I turned back to Erwin releasing my hands to my side.

"Your assurance does not comfort me, Captain. Make it happen. Vow it on your life if you have to." I said before following the elderly male inside, leaving Erwin outside.

The next day, I witnessed the wonders of a sunrise. Although I couldn't see much with those dastardly walls in the way, it was still amazing. I then bathed and dressed in clean clothes that had been brought for me. I was about to leave when I remembered the pouch of money sitting on the bed. I knew to hide it considering I didn't trust anyone here. 

I hid the pouch before leaving the room. I was treated to a hot breakfast of porridge. Although I had had porridge before, I could tell the ingredients in this were fresh. After dinner, I made my way to the building holding the three which I found out also housed the courtroom they were being trialed in.

I walked down into the dungeon to see the trio before the trial. "Hey, troublemakers. Get up." I said loudly as I usually had back... Levi slowly got up as well as Farlen and Isabelle.

 "What's gonna happen now?" Isabelle asked as she tried to wake up, her eyes still shut. I sighed as I told them, "You guys will be put on trial-" 

"When?" Levi said interrupting me. 

"Rude," I grumbled. 

"Just tell us when it is, brat." 

"Levi, calm down," Farlen said intervening. He turned to me "Can you tell us when please?" "Since you asked so nicely," I started as the guards came in to collect them, "it's today."

"What!

I chuckled nervously. "Well, I gotta go. Behave and place nice. Bye," I said running out, leaving them to be escorted by the guard. Erwin who was standing outside the door introduced me to their main scientist. "Hello. I'm Hanji Zoe. Just call me Hanji. Nice to meet you. I'veheardsomuchaboutyouand-" She ranted on. "It's nice to meet you to Hanji. I'm Y/N." 

Hanji then introduced me to Mike. Mike in return sniffed my hair. "Aww. He's like a puppy." I said with a laugh. I entered the courtroom and followed Erwin while Hanji and Mike went a different way. Our neighbors looked at me curiously. I may have not been as well known as the trio but man, I wasn't that elusive. The doors opened and in walked Levi, Isabelle, and Farlen. Well, less walked and more dragged in in chains.

The moment I saw them after the trial, I did what I didn't usually do and hugged them. We stayed in a small circle for a few seconds before splitting, smiles playing on our lips. I turned to Erwin and gave him an approving nod. "Good job following through on your words."

He seemed a little speechless, probably expecting an apology he was never going to get ...willingly. He recomposed himself and shot me a small smile. "Of course. You will have the rest of the day together but tomorrow, your training begins."

After the whirlwind of that day, we returned to the inn I had stayed at the night before. We sat in a circle on the floor, our knees touching as we hunched over talking to each other.

"What's your plan? I know you have one so don't try and lie."

They looked at each other before Isabelle decidedly told me. I froze, my eyes widening at the information. I had never thought about what they had told me but it was a real issue for us now. 

"When those the plan start?"

"As soon as we get to their headquarters."