Scenario (Part 1/4)

Title: The Do-Over
Member: Haechan/Donghyuck
Genre: Slight Fluff/Angst
Part: 1/4
Note: Part 1 is going to be more fluff than angst, but it will get more angsty in the remaining parts.

Also, I know this is going to be a long scenario, but I I just couldn't cut out any parts bc I really wanted to tell this story. I hope you'll stick with me, read it, and enjoy it as much as I do.

---

The Lotus Garden
3 years earlier
5:49 pm

The cold was brisk and uninviting as it bit at my skin. I was roughly shoved out of the building, my knees hitting the pavement before I could soften the fall with my hands.

"You're a waste of human skin!" My stepmother spat at me. "How can we make money when you keep breaking ever damn plate we own? I have you washing dishes in the back so that way our customers wouldn't have to see your repulsive face."

I kept my head down, refusing to make eye contact with the monster that held the title of my legal guardian. My chest rose and fell rapidly, my throat tight as I tried to contain my tears.

"If the family restaurant goes bankrupt, you will be the one to blame." She gripped my hair tightly, forcing me to look at her. "Then I'll gladly throw you into the streets like I should have done years ago." She pushed me back to the ground.

The clicking of her heels against the blacktop sounded, followed by the slamming of the back door. The varying colors of bruises that covered my arms became a blur as tears clouded my vision. The bruises that both she and my horrible step-sister had given me.
Maybe I'd stop accidently breaking plates if my hands didn't shake so much. Both from the fear I had for those I lived with and the mental and physical beatings they gave me regularly.

When it was clear she was gone, and wasn't returning anytime soon, I let myself release a flood of tears.

I wrapped my arms around my body that racked with sobs.

"Y/N?" The voice that belonged to my best friend, my only friend, sounded in my ears. "Oh my gosh." He knelt down next to me, embracing me, rubbing my arms in attempts to give them warmth. "I got here as fast as I could. You sounded so frantic on the phone."

I sniffed, trying to get speak, but found that no words would come out of my mouth, only hiccupy sobs. Donghyuck shushed me, saying that I didn't have to speak, that it was okay to just cry. He stroked my hair gently, holding me against him in both comfort and protection.

"I swear, Y/N. The day I marry you, we're getting as far from your step-family and their dumb restaurant as soon as possible. Who even name's a restaurant 'The Lotus Garden'?" Donghyuck told me. "So where do you wanna go? I heard Italy is nice. They have great pasta and gelato, but loads of traffic. What do you think?"

I let a laugh escape from me. I could always count on Donghyuck to cheer me up in his attempts to add humor to every situation. "We're only teenagers, Hyuck. How can you talk about marrying me at this age? Besides, we're not even dating, only best friends." But I knew in my heart that I wanted us to be more.

"So? Being my girlfriend would just mean that there are some extra lovey-dovey benefits. Doesn't mean I love you any less. If marrying you is what it takes to make sure you're finally living in a safe home, then I'd put a ring on your finger in a heartbeat."

My entire being longed for that. The thought of finally being happy. I let hope enter me, naive enough to actually believe that maybe it might come true one day.

In a few years, I would look back and remember this moment.

The day I thought Donghyuck would always be there for me. The day I thought there was actually someone in this world that cared about me. The day I thought there was a real future of me experiencing joy.

In a few years, I would look back at this moment and remember how stupid I was.

"Don't you have to get to your audition?" I reminded him. "I don't think being late would be a good first impression on SM Entertainment."

"You're more important to me." Donghyuck said as he continued to stoke my hair. "Let's just run away right now. I'll skip the audition."

I looked at him with wide eyes, shocked. "But that's your dream, to join SM and became a famous singer."

He shook his head with a grin on his face. "When are you going to realize that you're my dream, pabo?"

Despite the bitter freezing air, my face heated up at his words. I didn't say anything, not wanting my awkwardness to ruin the moment. We sat there together on the cold pavement, silent, only the sound of my sniffling and the noises of the city.

No matter now much I wanted to run away with him, I knew it wouldn't work. We'd get caught, and the last thing I wanted was for Donghyuck to get in trouble.

"I'm okay now, Hyuck." I said, leaving the comforting embrace of his arms. "You should get going."

"You promise you're okay?" He asked me.

"Promise." I lied.

Donghyuck unzipped his hoodie, and replied, "Call me if you need someone to talk to." He put his jacket on my small frame, before he left. "Wish me luck!"

He turned at the corner, I followed after him, looking at his retreating figure for as long as I could. Not even knowing that that would be the last time I would ever really see my best friend.

"Good luck, Donghyuck." I whispered before stepping back into the restaurant, returning to the cruel unrelenting hell that was my life.

Little did I know that that was the last time I would ever seen him again for a long time.

---

Hey guys! I know this first past wasn't all that angsty, but don't worry. It's just a build up for the next two parts. Next part is in one of the next following chapters! Thank you so much for sticking around and reading!

Check out my Redbubble shop:

 https://www.redbubble.com/people/rosemochi8/explore?page=1&sortOrder=recent