Scenario (Part 1/2)

Title: What Was Lost
Member: Jeno & Renjun (Love Triangle)
Genre: Angst/Slight Fluff
Part: 1/2

---

One Year Ago
My defeated gaze drifted down to my feet, dirty white sneakers hanging off the ledge of the roof of the school, below it, the distant hard concrete called my name. The storm was coming down hard, encouragingly pushing me forward. Jump.

Raindrops mixed in with my tears, the loud patter drowning out the ear-pounding thumps of my heartbeat.

Nothing but despair was all I felt for months. I thought I was strong enough to endure all this suffering. That after every dark night of crying myself to sleep and experiencing dreams of terror, that one night I would be able to sleep content, soundless, and safe. I was wrong. I'm not strong enough. I'm weak. The world was a cruel place. Its sole objective was to destroy hope and taint all kinds of love with its merciless demons.

I raised one foot, ready to step out onto the air to meet an end. I had given up, prepared to welcome a feeling of complete nothingness.

"Y/N!" A voice cut through the roar of the rain. "Don't do it!"

I didn't want to turn around, but I did anyway. My foot met the ground, only a short delay. The wind whipped my hair radically as I met the eyes of the one who wished to rescue me.

A boy with high cheekbones and a fit-build approached with cautious steps, worry on his face at any sudden movement I may make. "Please get off the ledge."

"No." I told him unemotionally.

His black hair was damp now, his school uniform drenched. "I know you've been through a lot, Y/N. But killing yourself won't do anything good."

My teeth sunk into my tongue, drawing blood. "What do you know?"

A few months ago, I became an orphan. My parents didn't die in a horrific accident. Instead, they abandoned me. They didn't want me anymore, as if they ever did. It was then I realized that I had never had anyone who had loved me. They just pretended to until they deemed their child a tiresome hassle. They were even more dead to me than if they had been killed.

"There's nothing more to live for." I said. " I turned back around, no longer bothering to entertain him.

"Wait!" He yelled. "What about the people that still love you? The people who are still alive, breathing, and begging you not to do this."

"There aren't any." I told him. "Are you suggesting you do? I don't even know your name."

He swallowed. "Lee Jeno. Section three. We've been in the same class since kindergarten."

"Sorry, Jeno. But this is something I have to do." My eyes turned back to the far ground below.

"What if I told you I've love you since we were five years old?"

My eyes narrowed in skepticism. "Then I'd say you're a liar." I lifted up my foot, ready to jump.

"You're allergic to peanuts!" He called out frantically.

I paused. "What?"

"You're allergic to peanuts." Jeno repeated. "In third grade, you had an allergic reaction when the kid next to you had a pb & j sandwich for lunch."

"You have a good memory, but that doesn't mean anything." Again, I got ready to jump.

"You're favorite color is blue! An-and you hate zucchini! The smell bothers and you make this adorable squinty face anytime anyone even says the word. See? Like this." Jeno scrunched his nose, attempting to imitate me.

Huh. Cute.

"You secretly enjoy math, but complain like everyone else because you don't want to be labeled a nerd."

How did the heck did he know that?

"When everyone was making fun of Soomin after he wet his pants, you gave him your sweatshirt to tie around his waist without anyone knowing. Everyone thinks you're tough, but you're actually a softie. You're incredibly caring, but extremely humble."

I looked at Jeno, taking all of this in. He really had been paying attention to me all these years hasn't he?"

"Y/N, you're the most amazing person I know. Please don't do this. I'm not going to say I love you. But I will say this: If you kill yourself right now, " he faltered, "I'm never going to get to marry the girl of my dreams. Instead, I'll be burying her in the same ground that she chose to take her life with."

I pursed my lips, for the first time in months, I felt something other than the creeping darkness. This boy was showing me genuine love. Suddenly, my deprived heart had a taste of hope.

The rain continued to come down strong, if anything more severe than before. Jeno extended his hand to me, beckoning me to take it. And with a sudden new-found trust, I did.

But the world didn't approve. It hated the idea of my happiness.

Thats when a loud quake of thunder struck, jostling the ground beneath our feet.

I heard Jeno cry out my name, desperately trying to grab onto me as I lost my balance on the slippery surface. The wind of the storm took a stronger grip on me. Soon, all I saw was the dark gray clouds above.

A piercing pain crushed my body, black enveloped my field of vision, the very thing I was pursing less than ten minutes earlier.

And then, nothing.

Present Day (Jeno's POV)

"You guys are going to love her." Renjun told us. "But, you know, hopefully not as much as I do."

Today, he was introducing us to his girlfriend. Apparently they were serious, but known of us even knew her name.

The distant sound of knocking sounded.

"That's probably her!" Renjun announced.

"I'll get it!" Chenle bolted for the door.

"No, you'll scare her away!" Renjun chased after him.

That left Mark, Donghyuck, Jaemin, Jisung, and I to sit on the couch, giving each other amused looks as we waited to meet our guest.

That's when she came though the door.

The conversation we were having died on my lips. My heart nearly dropped out of my chest, suddenly finding it difficult to breath.

Renjun wrapped his arm around her shoulder as she smiled friendly at us. "Guys, meet my girlfriend Y/N."

---

Requested by goldengirls1804 !

Stay tuned for Part 2!

Check out my Redbubble Shop: 

https://www.redbubble.com/people/rosemochi8/explore?page=1&sortOrder=recent