Scenario (Part 3/4)

Title: The Do-Over
Member: Haechan/Donghyuck
Genre: Slight Fluff/Angst
Part: 3/4
Note: I know this is going to be a long scenario, but I just couldn't cut out any parts bc I really wanted to tell this story. I hope you'll stick with me, read it, and enjoy it as much as I do.

---

The room for the fansign was filled with excited screams and video cameras. At its center, a long table occupied by seven young teenage boys. My best friend, sitting at the very end of it.

A face mask covered my mouth as I politely spoke with all the other members, but every part of me wanted to run to him and hear his voice again.

When I finally reached Donghyuck, he automatically smiled. I had to remember that it was because that was what he was taught to do, not because he recognized me.

Donghyuck took my hands in his like he did with any other fan. I knew he didn't feel anything special, but to finally make contact with him again made hope rise in my entire being.

He was about to greet me, but I cut him off, resting my forehead against his. My heart pounded rapidly in my chest, praying he wouldn't pull away. When he didn't, I whispered in a small voice. "You never came back."

Startled, Dongyuck pulled away with a perplexed look on his face. "Y/N?" He let go of my hands, reaching over to slowly remove my face mask. Recognition sparked in his eyes.

I expected him to be happy to see me. To reach over the table and envelope me in a long-overdue embrace. For a quick second, I thought I saw his eyes soften with affection and remorse as he looked at me. But then, all I was met with was furrowed brows and scorn.

"What are you doing here?" Donghyuck said in a low voice.

"I came to see you." I replied, fidgeting with my hands underneath the table. "I was hoping that you wanted to see me too."

He leaned back in his chair. "Well, I don't." I didn't ignore the pain I felt at his words, instead I continued, because I knew I didn't have much time.

"You don't have to pretend. I know what Hyeji told you to do. You don't have to pretend you hate me anymore. I'm not going back there."

"Then where are you going to go?" Donghyuck asked.

"You once told me that you'd run away with me." I swallowed with nervousness. "That you'd marry me, and we'd move to Italy where they have great gelato but awful traffic." I wanted him to laugh at the memory, to feel the warm nostalgia that would bring him back to me.

"Things have changed." He said curtly. "I've changed. My dreams have changed. My feelings for you," he paused pursing his lips, "are gone."

I took in what he looked like now, and he was right. Now his hair was no longer black, the baby-fat gone from his cheeks, his brown eyes replaced with green contacts that pierced through my heart.

I wanted to scream at him in frustration. My hope was that he was doing this because he was still acting because of Hyeji's threat. But each word that came out of his mouth made that theory chip away. Only leaving a hurtful truth for me to bear. That he no longer cared for me.

"Please don't do this. This isn't you. Just show me a sign that this isn't real. That what you're doing is all an act." Tears came to my eyes. "You told me that I was your dream."

"My career is my dream now." Cold, uncaring eyes stared back at me. "You being here isn't going to change that. You need to leave, Y/N."

The girl next to me was waiting for me to move out of the way. The line for the fansign was being stalled because of me.

"But, Donghyuck." I grabbed his hand, pleading. "I love you." He only shook me off, greeting the next person in line. Smiling, taking her hand in his.

I rushed, going behind the table to wrap my arms around him. Tears streaming down my face. I held on to the only source of love I've never known. Clinging on for dear life. I don't care how I looked, appearing as some crazy fan. Donghyuck was the only thing in my life that was actually good, and every part of my ached knowing that he didn't want me anymore. "Please don't leave me, Donghyuck."

He pried out of my grip. Looking straight into my eyes as he said, "My name is Haechan now."

My vision blurred as I cried. A set of strong arms pulling me away from the light that used to expel the darkness in my life. I heard the crowd clap, applauding the security guard that was getting rid of the crazy saesang fan that attacked Haechan. That was all I am now, isn't it?

The bodyguard tossed me out onto the cold hard pavement. The cold was brisk and univinting as it bit at my skin. A familiar feeling rushing over me. When the sobs finally stopped, I looked up, expecting to see SM TOWN written across the top of the building.

Instead, The Lotus Garden, in scripted font titled the now, much smaller building. I used my forearm to wipe the my eyes, attempting to clear my vision. I saw that I was now behind my family's restaurant. Confusion muddled my brain. I looked down at my watch to see it was 5:49 pm. That was weird considering the fansign started at 10:00 am.

"Y/N?" A voice said. A young Donghyuck came from around the corner. I furrowed my brows in confusion. The fancy clothes, dyed hair, and contacts were no where to be seen. Instead, the Donghyuck I used to know. He knelt down next to me, embracing me, rubbing my arms in attempt to give me warmth. "I got here as fast I could. You sounded so frantic on the phone."

I couldn't speak. This time, not because my voice was strained with sobs. But because I realized that I was given another chance.

I was back where I was three years ago, the day that changed everything. The day that Donghyuck left for his audition and never came back.

This is my chance to make things go the way they were supposed to. A world where Donghyuck and I never drifted apart. This was my chance to do it over again.

---

Last part will be up soon! Thanks so much for reading!

Check out my Redbubble Shop: 

https://www.redbubble.com/people/rosemochi8/explore?page=1&sortOrder=recent