10 | desperate devils

After her prisoner was hauled off by her other co-officers, Marinette headed back to the apartment she shared with Alya as fast as she could. Did she honestly want to be outside in this dark city any longer than she had to be at this time of night?

No. No she didn't.

Swinging the front door open frantically, she accidentally spooked the brunette who was, once again, busy cooking in the kitchen.

"Marinette?!" Alya was so surprised, she almost knocked over the pot off the stove burner.

"Hi."

"You scared me to death!"

"Sorry."

"You almost gave me a heart attack!"

Marinette didn't have time for sympathy. Trying her best to hurry to her room, she shot another quick apology, "Sorry."

Alya immediately noticed the tenseness. "What do you have up your sleeve?" She asked playfully, only to frown shortly afterwards when she remembered they had parted ways over previous, intense argument. "Are you still angry about earlier?"

Marinette stopped dead in her tracks, her backed still faced towards her. "I don't hold grudges, Alya." The ravenette replied as she turned around to face the woman. "And I was never angry. It was more like being upset and... severely disappointed."

"Oh," came Alya's response, as if she was hoping for everything to be one-hundred percent normal between them once again. "I'm almost done with dinner. I mean—!" If you want some!"

Marinette was too occupied with her thoughts on what she had just previously seen to really care about food. Nodding towards Alya's direction, she hit her with a quick lie, "Okay, yeah, I'll just be in my room... changing."

Technically, it wasn't a complete lie, but Marinette didn't have any spare time for explanations. Passing by the confused look Alya was shooting at her, Marinette sped walked as fast as she could to her room.

Switching the light switch on and shutting her door behind her, Marinette immediately removed her shoes.

As much as she tried, she just couldn't seem to get this cat-man out of her head.

His green, emerald, glowing eyes really made her legs tremble, especially when he had gotten too close to her, invading her personal space (her bubble) that she had kept up for far too long. The cat-man also didn't hesitate to switch her words around and create a new phrase to shoot right back at her.

Apparently, just because you look stupid doesn't mean you are stupid.

Marinette quickly scooped up her laptop from her small desk and sat herself down on her bed. The rest of her unpacking would have to wait. Finding more information about cat-man was more important at the moment.

Typing in the goggle box 'cat-man', Marinette was brought to many places on the internet that had nothing to do with her encounter. How would she find anything about a man dressed in a cat costume who looked like he roamed the streets of Paris ready to kidnap children?

A thought immediately popped into her head, and you could practically see the lightbulb rising from her scalp. Quickly, removing her laptop from her lap and setting it aside, Marinette was back to swinging her door open and bolting down the hall towards the living space.

"Alya!" Marinette cried the moment she rounded the corner and into the kitchen. Finding Alya setting her plate on the table was not as surprising as the look on the her face at the surprise.

Alya was so terrified, that the plate of food almost fell from her palms. Setting the plate down forcefully, the brunette glared up at Marinette. "Come on! Seriously?!"