18 | nasty comments

The next day for Marinette wasn't exactly one she was looking forward to. Just like we despise Monday for being a new day of school, is the same way she was dreading it for a new day back in her office.

After the slight disagreement they had had the night before, Alya had been keeping her distance from Marinette and constantly sending her looks while the bluenette tried to work. Every time Marinette's eyes focused on the different files she had of the case, she could partially feel Alya's eyes burning into the back of her head.

Their superior had no clue that Marinette had forbade Alya to work on the case any longer, and the brunette hadn't dared to say anything against it. With Alya no longer helping with the case, (although had she really even helped at all?) Marinette now had to work alone in her office.

Because, of course, her new partner couldn't freely walk in the police station as he pleased without getting arrested.

So far, Marinette had absolutely no leads on the case at all. Chat Noir had been helping the best he could over the weekends while Alya was absent, but he was just as clueless as her.

He had no idea who would've risked it all to steal such a gem.

Chat Noir had said why he would've never dared to try and touch the jewel. He had told her that everyone he knew was deadly afraid of trying to steal it. The gem was heavily fortified with security; and anyone who had been prideful enough to try and take it had failed tremendously.

So who in the world had succeeded in taking it?

"Still sure you don't need my help?" Alya would pop the question every five minutes or so, and Marinette would always shake her head for her answer. She didn't need Alya's help just so the brunette could run off again and let her do all the work.

Marinette grumbled to herself as she let all her attention focus back to the difficult case. With no leads, this was making it a lot more stressful than it needed to be.

A vibration from her pocket indicated that someone was trying to reach her. Marinette shuffled to reach for it in her back pocket, and it immediately caught Alya's attention when the bluenette had brought the device up to her ear, "Hello?"

"Marinette? Hey." Came the almost whispered voice of her feline partner, "It's me, Chat Noir."

She was surprised to hear his voice from the other end. Marientte was almost positive she had never given him her number, "Um....wow....okay; how did you get my number?"

Alya was defiantly more interested in the conversation if she hadn't been already, "Yeah, um, I'll explain that later." Chat Noir's shaky voice echoed from the other end, "I have something you may want to take a look at."

He was breathing heavily over the line, and Marinette could already sense something wasn't right, "Okay, yes, I'll be on my way." She quickly stood from her desk seat, beginning to frantically pack all of her case away into her bag. Keeping her cellphone pinned between her cheek and shoulder, she added, "What's the matter? Has something bad happened?"

"You could say." He replied.

"What do you mean by that?" Marinette really began to worry now; she didn't care if Alya was watching her like a lunatic or not, she needed to get to her partner as soon as possible.

"Just get here soon," he replied shakily, "I'll send you the address."

And with that he hung up, leaving Marientte to worry on what had happened to him. Packing her stuff frantically, she pulled her bag over her shoulder and sped walked to the exit.

However, Alya's voice stopped her, "You can't just leave work."

Mairnette's eyes narrowed in anger, and she snapped her head around to shoot Alya a glare, "I've got business to attend to."

Alya shot her with a similar glare, "Who was that you were talking to?"

"It is no one of your concern," Marinette spat, "But if you intend to stick your nose into my business, it was my new partner asking for my assistance."

"Won't our boss be upset you left on such a short notice?" Alya tested the waters, crossing her arms.

"Won't our boss be upset when he finds out you neglected our case?" Marinette shot back, also crossing her arms to mimic Alya's previous actions.

Alya's eyes furrowed further together, and with a huff of disapproval, she had turned back around to her desk.

Marinette didn't have any more time to waste with the woman who was now a unwanted acquaintance. Shortly after pulling her jacket off from the back of the chair and shoving her arms into the sleeves, the bluenette had swung her bag over her shoulder and made her way towards the exit of the building.

Her phone soon buzzed again, and she didn't hesitate a second to read the text Chat had sent.

24-530-38: The address is 45780 21st street.

The text was short and brief, all that Marinette needed. Fumbling with her fingers to quickly type the address into the GPS of her phone, the bluenette practically flew from the police station to meet the cold breeze of the outside world which brushed against her skin.

It was awfully chilly outside that afternoon.

Marinette didn't even bother looking back at the building she had hurriedly left as she bean to speed walk her way towards the destination Chat had provided.

Something was obviously not right, and making sure her new partner was safe was a lot more important than keeping a silly job.

__________________________

Heyo peeps!! Updates may be a bit slower since we started, but I'm keepin at least one update a week.

Question#1
What do you think has happened to Chat Noir?

Question#2
Do you think Chat is faking the emergency, or do you really think he needs her help?

Comment above👆

Guys, I love to see your feedback, so please hit me up with some.

Just know that I typed out this chapter for y'all at three am, so the least I can get is your appreciation:)

Okay, loves ya.

Bye!!

{ votes, comments, and shares are highly appreciated }

Thanks!
-Dippy