26 | taunts with partnerships

After Marinette had given Chat the case file and had said she would be giving up, he hadn't seen her since. She never showed around, never came looking for him; she just disappeared, and it bothered Chat.

He had remembered Marinette's last words to him, and it bothered him even more that he had ever even thought of accusing her for something like that. How could he assume Marinette the bad guy? That was so uncalled for.

He tried calling her many times, but every time the phone rang, it rang until he heard her voicemail. He sighed and would immediately hang up, not bothering to leave a message. If Marinette wouldn't pick up, it obviously meant she didn't want to talk to him.

Either she was just flat out ignoring him or she was just not checking her phone.

He was more sure that she was ignoring him.

Before Marinette had left however, Chat had clearly remembered the information she had spilled to him. He still had both prisoners locked up, oh yes. But, she remembered Marinette had mentioned some Nicolas fellow.

And that Nicolas was in jail.

Chat grinned suddenly as he spread the case file's contents across his desk. He needed to give little ol Nicolas a visit now didn't he?

Suddenly, a small piece of paper caught Chat's eyes, and he was pulling it out of the clutter of other papers before he could change his mind. It was a fairly sized, small, piece of paper that had been folded in half, and when he dared to open it up, he was shocked at its contents.

Chat Noir practically barged into the room without even letting his security guard allow him in. Marching closer to the door which held the prisoners behind it, he yelled at the two men guarding it, "Open it up!"

They obeyed his orders immediately, and took out their keys, clicking every lock open. Once it was all unlocked, they pulled the heavy door open and Chat stomped ferociously into the room without another word.

When Carl noticed Chat Noir had entered the room with the look of death on his face, he began to panic. Alya however just smirked up at him.

"What is this?!" Chat growls at Alya, shoving it close to her face, "What type of trickery is this?!"

"No trickery," she answers plainly, her smirk still evident on her face, "Our leader simply just wanted to give you a note."

Chat growls, "How did Mairnette never notice this?"

"There's a lot of things Marinette hasn't noticed," Alya chuckles almost evilly, "She's so naive and sensitive, not to mention practically blind."

Chat just growls, "What is this about?"

"Tsk tsk tsk, now Chat Noir, what fun would it be if I told you?" She scolds him playfully, "Our leader simply just wants to have a word with you."

"He wants a word? I'll give him a word." Chat crumbles up the small piece of paper before throwing it towards the brunette. "Three actually," he growls, once the crumbled piece of paper lands outside the cage in front of her figure, "Tell your leader to go to hell." He spats.

Alya just raises an eyebrow, "If that's really what you want, so be it. Just know you could've had a fortunate partnership."

Chat suddenly turn to look back at her, "Partnership?" He quizzes, "What are you talking about?"

Alya scoffs, "Oh please, you know clearly what I mean." She then gestures with her hands her surroundings as she continues, "Think of it, Chat Noir. Imagine partnering with a man who was so stealthy enough to steal something you wouldn't dare to even touch. Just imagine it; you could have anything you want! You could be one of the richest men alive!"

"I'd rather die," Spats Chat.

"I-I think that's a bit of a rash decision, don't y-you think?" Carl interjects timidly, and immediately decides to shut his mouth once Chat sends a glare his way.

"Oh? You'd rather die you say?" Alya taunts, "Well, I'm sure you wouldn't agree to someone else taking your place in death?"

Chat's eyes are locked on hers, and he can't help but widen them slightly, "What are you talking about?"

Alya just snickers, "Take Marinette for example. Naive, sweet, timid Marinette, who although is more to herself, would do anything in her power to help anyone in need. She'd might even be willing to die for that person."

Chat's eyes go wide, "You wouldn't dare."

Alya laughs at this, "Oh? I know you and Marinette have some type of connection. Chat Noir, you're a thief; a murderer. When have you ever had a second thought about love?"

Chat is frightened beyond words at how Alya has so much knowledge between him and Marinette. He lets the words spill before he can stop them, "I don't love her! I care for her; there's a difference!"

Technically, it wasn't really a lie.

Was it?

"Whatever you want to call it, it's the last thing you'd ever think about when it comes to money." Alya shrugs her shoulders as she sits back a bit, "But that's fine, if you'd rather not take the money and let your mother die, then by all means, who am I to stand in your way?"

The mention of his mother had Chat's eyes going wide, "I would have enough money to treat my mother?"

"Enough to get her hospitalized and treated, yes." Alya confirms.

Chat Noir suddenly goes silent as he ponders on this possibility. Take the partnership, get the money, and his mother lives or reject the partnership, get no money, and his mother dies.

"Of course, a meeting with our leader still must happen." Alya interjects his thoughts, "Free us, and not only will it be a sign of hospitality and gratitude towards our leader for his kind offer, but we will also show you the way to him."

Suddenly, Chat Noir has an awful feeling in his stomach about this. Imagine if Marinette was to stand beside you and hear all this, would she even have a second thought about setting them free?

Well, she doesn't even know about your mother's illness," said the voice in his head, I'm sure she'd have a different view on the matter if she knew.

And so, after convincing himself that all would be well, Chat Noir made the decision to unlock the lock binding his prisoners behind bars.

__________________________

Question:
Who do you think their leader could be?

Hey guys! Getting more feedback helps me stay motivated in writing any book! Please share this book with your friends and leave a like and some comments below!

{ votes, comments, and shares are highly appreciated }

Thanks!
-Dippy