Chapter 15: Mitch's Curse

Author's POV

Seeing Kathelin so bloody made her friends watch in horror, afraid of what's happening to their groaning and grunting friend. As they continue on watching how the doctors and nurses do their thing on her with the help of their struggling fathers to keep her down, a sudden force of wave pushed them all away. Some crashed on the wall and some on the ground with a loud thud. What the students witnessed shocked them as they too felt the force but not enough to push them. Some of the nurses and doctors had suddenly became unconscious while the others struggle to stand up and examine themselves, looking for any sort of damage on themselves.

"What..." said Shnider with wide eyes

"Just..." continued Jay

"Happened?" finished Dale as Aevaden stayed silent.

"Are you all alright?" questioned Dr. Flarey worriedly

With a nod, she quickly went to the nearest unconscious person looking them over as did the others. With a quick call for help, the unconscious people were all taken to some vacant rooms and new people joined them as well in replacement for them.

"So we better find a way to solve this situation..." said the doctor as they watch Kathelin squirming on the bed with blood unceasing.

Minutes passed, an abrupt pain causing Aevaden to grunt and groan as he tightly clutched his head in anguish, catching all their attention.

"Son, are you alright?!" his father quickly went by his side in worry

"Aevaden, are---" with the same pain cutting off Dale in his statement, he suffered in pain in a similar way surprising his mother beside him

"Dale!" Havey exclaimed

Just then, all the students followed in pain causing everyone to be flabbergasted and disoriented from what they are witnessing before their eyes.

"Just what is going on?!"

"Is there any way we could help them?!"

"Just as I thought... That hybrid DID something to them..." Dr. Flarey blurted out

"What?!" they exclaimed

"I-I don't know..." she stuttered "But whatever it is, it's somehow connected... Once we found the source, we can put an end to this madness."

Going towards Kathelin, she caught sight of a glowing black image on her neck.

"Oh my words!" she slightly gasped

Quickly grabbing Kathelin's neck hem, she forcefully pulled it down with a struggle, revealing a mark that has a circle with a diamond along with four diagonal lines at the sides and another small circle with a dot in the middle. Thereafter, she was suddenly flew backwards as Davior successfully caught her before she met the ground.

"Are you alright?" Davior asked her kindly while supporting her to stand up.

With a nod, she said "I-I think I know what's going on..." she declared as they listened intently "I believe the hybrid had casted a curse on them all and Kathelin is the source..."

"But that can't be..."

"She has this mark on her neck and I somehow think I saw it somewhere..." she frowned "I'll be right back..." as she run towards the door

"Where are you going?!" shouted Seara stopping Flarey from her tracks

"I'm just going to try searching for that mark and if I have any luck, I will figure something out..." with that she ran.