park woojin

just friends

         it was valentine's day, and i'd thought about confessing to my crush, park woojin; but i didn't have the guts to tell him that i liked him. i had been liking him for the past three years, admiring from afar, because i knew that i didn't have a chance. he was now in somebody else's arms, and he didn't want to let go of that someone. so, i moved on, but i didn't want to let go without telling him my feelings. it's not really letting go though, because i didn't have him in the first place.

          at first, when woojin started dating lee hana, it was hell. watching them give each other light pecks and hugs, but soon, i got over it. reality had won. reality's really good at its job. but sometimes, my heart jumps at the little things he does for me, even though he's just being nice. even though there isn't a hint of love put into it. still, i can't help but think, "oh, if i was the one holding his hand."

          today was the day. we had science class together and he was my partner. i saw him walk in, and took a seat by me.

"hey, y/n. what's up?" he asks.

"oh, hi. nothin' much, you?" i reply.

"same here," he chuckles.

"well, actually, i was wondering. can we talk later?"

"yea, sure. why?" he questions, looking up at the board.

"i-i have to tell you something."

"okay," he nodded and smiled, revealing his cute snaggletooth that i love.

"okay class, today, we'll be doing a science experiment," the teacher arrived.

*     *     *

"y/n, be careful that it doesn't tip over because—"

"ah! it burns!" i groan and panic as the chemicals burned my hand.

"yah, what did i just say?" woojin sighs in frustration.

"come on, let's go to the infirmary," he grabs my forearm.

          we reach the infirmary and he tells me to sit down while he looks for the first aid kit. he kneels in front of me and takes my hand to observe it. i look at woojin patching up the burn on my hand.

"so clumsy," he laughs. "oh yeah, what were you going to tell me, earlier? you said you wanted to talk?" he asks, remembering.

"oh, yeah, um," i panicked as he was looking right at me.

"yeah?" he licked his chapped lips, which made me sweat even more.

"uh." just say it! just say it stupid! it's not like you have feelings for him anymore.

"i liked you," i finally say. he smiles.

"me, too."

"no you don't."

"well, i used to, but then you kept hanging out with that daniel guy, and i got pissed. i thought you liked him," he explained.

"so, i dated someone to get you off my mind. but then, i actually started liking hana," he laughs.

"oh," i fake smile, nodding my head.

"let's just be friends, then," i say, standing up. "i think we're better this way," i awkwardly laugh.

"yeah. just friends," he says.

"thanks for the bandage," i smile at him.

"yeah, no problem."

kang daniel was just a friend, and now, you are too. i left the room.

daniel was just helping me get to you.
y/n, you're so stupid.

*     *     *

so i'm in the midst of editing the chapters and i'm literally cringing from my misspelled words and bad grammar lmaoo

save me.

💕