y o o n j i s u n g p t . 3

t h e p a s t

5 years ago

"h-hello... i-i'm y/n. let's work well together!" i bowed in front of my new coworkers. the workers laughed and chuckled.

"i was just like her when i first started working here. you'll get used to this place, kid," a woman gave me a friendly grin.

"and the people," someone added.

"y/n, sit," a man offered me a seat with a smile. i nodded.

"i'm yoon jisung," the young man introduced.

"let's have a celebration tonight! to welcome y/n!" someone proposed. i agreed.

* * *

as the clocked ticked by, sober coworkers quickly turned into drunk humans. everyone but yoon jisung. as my vision blurred, i saw his face and then everything went black. i had passed out.

i couldn't remember anything from the other day. but i did remember that the bed i was sleeping on was not my bed. i hurriedly jumped out of the bed. this was definitely not my apartment, i thought as i walked around the spacious place.

"you're up?" i heard a voice. i yelled.

"don't worry, i only brought you home here because you were drunk. i didn't know where you live... i promise we didn't do anything."

i just smiled.

what seemed to be a coworker relationship turned into a friendship. then turned into a romantic relationship.

*          *          *

3 years later

the ring on my finger made me the happiest woman in the world. the white dress that fit me so perfectly. the happy look on my face. the day of my wedding. my dad appeared behind me.

"my beautiful daughter..." tears in his eyes, he tried to speak. "let's walk you down that aisle."

as my father stood in front of the door to the venue, i took a deep breath in. the doors opened and my father and i strolled down, my arm in his. i looked to the end of the aisle.

no one was standing there. no one was there to look me in the eyes and say i do. no one was there to exchange vows with. no one was there to kiss. no one was there to spend the rest of my life with.

the pope had a nervous look. the people suddenly pitied me. the man had called everything off on the day of the wedding. i stood there at the altar. i ran out of the venue. i ran and ran and ran until my heels hurt. the tears were falling uncontrollably. people quickly trained their eyes on the crazy woman running down the street with a wedding dress on, bawling her eyes out. but i didn't care.

i was in the front page of the news.

"crazy woman running down the street with a wedding dress on."

"woman running down the street with a wedding dress on."

"woman rejected on her wedding day."

i was the laughingstock of the whole city. all because of yoon jisung. and how stupid i was to think that maybe he had something else come up. that maybe he was going to come back and re do the wedding. that he was coming back. i still loved him.

and although the million calls were left unanswered, i still loved him. how stupid.

but i was young.

* * *

present day

"why did you do what you did?" i asked one day.

"i saw my first love." he retorted, looking at the ground. i gritted my teeth. this coward spent three long years with me, and then suddenly changes his feelings with just a glance of his first love?

"you were my first love," i told him. "they say, first loves never work out. but you apparently made it work with your wife. i've moved on now. know that you're a coward that ruined my life. i deserve someone better."

i left. i left with no more lingering feelings. no more looking back.

and i have never been so happy.

* * *

yessss you are a strong independent woman!!!

love you guys💕💕💕