k a n g d a n i e l

t r a n s f e r s t u d e n t

"y/n, did you hear? there's going to be a transfer today. i heard he was a delinquent. he got kicked out like twice.", eunha gossips.

"that's nice.", i say, busy reading a book.

"i heard he's cute, too!"

"mhmm.", i hum.

"yah, why are you always studying?", eunha asks.

"because i want to get into a good college, and get a good job. you should start doing it to.", i tease.

"my grades are perfectly fine, y/n. oh, the teacher is here.", eunha tells me.

i put my book to the side.

"today, class, someone will be joining us."

a boy in a leather jacket, and blonde, styled hair steps in the classroom. immediately, everyone starts talking.

"woah, he's handsome.", and "yah, he's cute.", was all i heard. i on the other hand studied him. right at that moment, his eyes met mine. i look away.

"please introduce yourself.", the teacher says.

"hello, i'm kang daniel. i hope we get along.", he bows. he looks at me again, and starts walking to an empty seat.

* * *

during break, two boys approach daniel.

"yah, i heard you got kicked out of school?", the boy asked him. i turn around and see daniel sleeping, ignoring what they had said.

"yah, we're asking you a question.", the other kicked daniel's chair. they kicked his chair once more as daniel ignored them.

"yah!"

i look back again. i see daniel stand up and leaves the classroom. i leave the classroom as well and catch up with him.

"hey, daniel, i'm sorry they're treating you like that on your first day.", i tell him from behind. he turns his head a bit.

"that's not your business. stay out of it.", he scoffs, and walks away. "you're probably the same as them."

i bite my lip.

"y/n, what was that?", i hear jinah calling out.

"oh, i was just. um, i need to go somewhere.", i say to jinah.

i look for daniel. i look outside the window and see daniel walking to the parking lot. i quickly run to him.

"yah! daniel!", i yell, getting his attention.

"ugh, not you again.", he groans.

"where do you think you're going?", i ask him with raised eyebrows.

"i told you to stay out of it. why do you care?", he scoffs. he keeps on walking until he reaches a motorcycle.

"it's my job as the class president.", i reply.