8. No Valley Low- Jamal

It's a little graphic it's not too bad just be mindful guys!

May 16th
4 Months Ago

"Nas you said this shit was easy money why you second guessing yourself now son? A year a pill is on the line. Not to mention this brick we got. No time to scared now." I shake my best friends shoulder to get his head back in.

"I'm 18 Jay we have 90 X pills. 90 years. I don't want to die in jail." Nas looks distraught like he's questioning all the shit we've been doing for months.

I sigh exasperated. "You'll be fine. We go in the mall. We go into Jimmy Jazz. The nigga in the back of the store know we coming we hand him the back pack. Now we got ourselves 10,000 dollars the we split down the middle." I say slowly beginning to lose my cool. "What the fuck is the problem Nas." I yell.

"My grandad is gonna be disappointed in me man. I'm already fuckin up." He starts pacing back and forth and I've never seen Nas scared before.

He's the one who wanted to do this shit in the first place why he acting like this now.

"It's too late to back out now. You wanna end up dead. Fish got us in this mess and now we gotta get out of it." I say softer.

He nods his quickly. "You right Jay I just had to get my head together.

"Good that weak shit not in us you got the car back right. We'll be good it'll take 30 minutes." I assure him.

"And if this nigga start shit I got the Draco on my waist." He says more to himself than to me.

"And if anything happens you my bro no matter what." He responds pushing my shoulder.

~
"You ever hate me for what happened in May?" I ask Nas while we wait on his brother Fish to come out of the house.

"When I first when in. I hated you. Especially when I was waiting for the trial. I'm grateful that shit didn't go to trial. My grandad took every ounce of savings into his lawyer. Just for him to be in some hospital right now. I felt like  shit. Hate to active." He took a hit of the blunt in his hand. "Jealous was in me."

My shoulders slump slightly.

"I think about that shit a lot you know.
But we can't fix the past. Niggas it's now and we have to fix our future." I stress to him.

"I already started I picked up my Twic card the other day. New chick I'm talking to been telling me how to get shit pulled off my record. In a couple of months the charge gonna be erased off my record completely." He shrugs it off passing me the blunt but I decline when Fish walks out.

Fish a large dude in presence. He at like 350 easy and he tatted up. He used to scare me when we were younger but now he just here. Making Nas life a little harder day by day.

"I heard you were back Jamal. You didn't come around when he got locked up." He took the blunt out of Nassir's hand.

"Sorry bout that just wanted lay low." Truth be told I was pissed at Fish that we even got mixed up in this shit. We got money driven and the rest is history.

"I understand young bull. I heard you kept money on his books." He interrogating me it's his way of intimidating me it would of broke me when I was 16 but fuck this nigga.

"Sure did y'all ready? Or what." I say cutting to the chase let's get this shit over with.

Starting my car we drive to the grave yard not to far from where my momma is buried.

This is me and Nassir's last time getting our feet into this shit.

Parking my car as far from this spot as I can Nas and I follow behind Fish until we see a group of dudes in a circle.

I already know who's in the middle and I feel sick to my stomach.

This is the last time. This is the last time. This is the last time.

They opened up the circle for us to come in and we see the girl standing in the middle. Shaking barely in clothes on I can see that she's scared. She can't be younger that 30 but still.

"Fish cover her eyes." This tall nigga barks out at Fish and he obliges.

"This the bitch who ratted and got Nas in jail. And since this our nigga and we don't need anymore rats running the street we gotta cut her lose." He yells shoving her against the tree.

"Fire Squad bitch." He spats on and I look straight ahead past her. I'm done after this. This my last time.

"Please. Please. Please. My baby daddy needed to get out of jail and I had this plea for him. I had to think on my feet." She starts crying and begging and my stomach drops lower.

What kind of man am I?

The tall dude pistols whips her hard across the face and her blood spats everywhere and I see her chest continuing to rise.

I swallow hard with my palms getting sweaty.

"Put'em up." He yells and I life my gun and he removes her blindfold and I want to throw up.

Whenever we do this I miss. I never want my bullet to be the bullet. I don't miss like crazy so they know I did but I scrape the ear. No one can see it. I never like this because it just seemed to sloppy foot prints everywhere just sloppy.

But I will not deny that I am stupid. And just like always I miss. I see her gal and slump over and the shots are still going at her. My gun still hot I put it down and watch them throw her in an old body bag. Her blood pooled around on the ground.

"We cleaning this hoe mess up y'all go. Glad you out Nas." The dudes says again.

I'm shaking and Nas can see it he grabs my keys leaving Fish behind.

"I'm staying back y'all niggas be careful." Fish calls out behind us.

Once we get in my car and we ways off I see the tears fall from Nas's eyes.

I look up feeling the lump on my throat.

"Your momma didn't go out like that Jay." But she could've she owed niggas like us money they could've easily did this to her.

"We out son they know it we know it. This was it." He assures me.

"Remember no matter what you my fuckin brother. I got you before I got Fish and that's saying something." He assures me.

The image of the chick falling on the grown with blood soaking throw her tattered clothes sits with me.