Chapter one - The airport.

"I'm on my way to the airport!" I squeal as Liam answers the phone.

There's a short silence. "Thats amazing! I litarally can't wait! I planned so much stuf!" Liam calls through the phone.

"I know right," I laugh. "I'll be there at eight, you pick me up right?"

"Yes," Liam says. "Have a save flight Em."

"Thank you. I'll call you when I've boarded."

"Okay! Miss you Em." Liam sighs.

"Miss you too," mum parks the car. "See you in 10 hours."

"Call me when you board!" Liam calls before we hang.

I look around at the parking lot. I'm taking the plane alone for the first time. It's all really exiting.

Except my mum. She has been bothering me all week. 'Have you packed enough clothes?' 'Have you got suncream.' 'Did you bring some pads.' She kept saying stuff. Which I already had packed of course.

"Are you sure you have packed everything?" She asks again, For the fiftieth time this day.

"Yes mum." I groan.

"Got your ticket and passport?" She places her hand on my hand.

I roll my eyes. "Yes. You made me pack them two days ago!"

"I'm sorry," she sighs. "I just don't want anything to happen with you. You're my only daughter."

"It's okay," my hand automatically pulls back. Why couldn't dad bring me.. Mum is an emotional wreck right now.. I'm just going to visit a friend. And unfortunately he is in the United States right now.

Not completely unfortunate because I always wanted to visit America.

"We should go." I breath and open the co-driver door. I grab my bag and suitcase from the trunk.

I walk along with my mum to the in-check desk. The walk remains silence, she's probably trying to hold back her tears. Back in the days Liam and I went to a summercamp. The camp was great! But when we left my mum couldn't stop crying. And almost everyday Liam and I saw her car parked upon the hill. She needs to learn to let go.

What if I get married and buy my own house. She can't stay at the corner of the street everyday to protect me. I hope it will change through the years.

"Don't you dare to take the next plane to check if I'm okay." I breath. Okay that wasn't the nicest way to say it but I had to break this silence.

Her face turns pale. "I won't," she hesitates. "Just call me twice a day."

"Once," my steps slow when I get closer to the line. "And when I arrive and take off."

"Okay." She breaths.

We arrive at the end of the line. "I'm going to miss you mum," I sigh and wrap my arms around her. "But I'll be back soon."

...

"Ugh," A girl furiously takes the seat next to me. "They're kidding me right?" She breaths.

I put my earplug out. "What's wrong?" I quietly ask as I put my music off.

The girl jumps up and turns to face me. "What? Im so sorry! I didn't see you!"

"It's okay," I chuckle. "But what's wrong?"

She sighs. "My plane has been delayed.. Three hours! I'm on my way to my boyfriend." She sighs again. "I would finally see him after two months." She bites her bottom lip.