Chapter 1-Marriage Interview

I sat outside in one of the gardens. I wanted to enjoy the outside while I still had my freedom. I began to close my eyes when someone approached me. I looked at her, surprised by her bright smile and bright red hair. I wasn't going to say anything about it. I knew what it was like to have people constantly stare and question. I was reminded of that feeling everyday because of the birthmark under my left eye. It was a trait that marked the royal family of Cordinia.

"Are you new?" I heard her ask tilting her head to one side.

I closed my eyes, enjoying the peace and quiet.

"I guess you could say that," I replied.

"Is there somewhere you need to go? I can take you there."

I looked up at her and was shocked that she still held the same gentle smile

I looked up at her and was shocked that she still held the same gentle smile. What was wrong with this girl that she could always be so happy? I gave her a small smile in return.

"No thanks. I'd better get going. See ya," I said getting up. I used the bench I was sitting on as a boost to jump over the garden hedge which proved harder in a dress. I did not want to be here but I had no choice. I was here for a marriage interview.

I headed back to my carriage where Aiko was frantic looking for me. I could see him pacing around and it made me chuckle. He always got worked up over the littlest things.

"I'm here," I said sneaking up behind him.

He jumped back in surprise before turning red. I knew he was going to lose his mind.

"Your highness you cannot run off like that! The Prince will be here to greet you soon! You must look presentable. How do you think it will look that we have a runaway Princess?!"

"Well I'm here now. So let's do this," I said suddenly motivated by the thought of my kingdom.

Then my father's voice rang in my head. I remember him sitting on the throne, scratching his head.

"I have prepared a marriage interview for you," He said.

"With whom?" I asked. I knew it was any day now that he would do this. My brother just got married so it was only a matter of time before I was going to be too. But my brother was a different story. He actually married for love and his wife was so beautiful! As if I would be that lucky...

"The First Prince of Clarines. Prince Izana Wistalia."

I pouted my lips and sighed. Of all people him? I remember the first time I met him when we attended a ball in Clarines. He was so orderly and by the book but mischievous at the same time. I can't stand people who play games.

"When?" I asked.

"In a week. Aiko will accompany you."

Aiko snapped his legs together before bowing.

"It will be an honor your majesty," He shouted.

I scratched my head. Not only would I have to do this marriage interview but Aiko would be following me around like a lost dog.