Chapter 3-Three Interesting Things

I walked into the dining hall with my hair in a ponytail and my outfit on. Aiko started sweating in embarrassment that I would actually go through with it. Prince Zen's eyes widened and I was worried he was going to spit out his drink. Izana seemed emotionless. I sat across from him.

"I suggest you change," He said.

"No. This is a traditional outfit. If you really want to know me you should know about my culture," I replied.

"Do you see a sea around?" He asked me.

"No..."

"Are we going to go fish summoning?" He asked.

How did he know what this outfit was for?!

".....N-No...."

"You're not in Cordinia anymore Princess, so go change," He said staring at me.

I got up from my seat and headed back to my room. Right when I left I could hear laughter coming from the dining hall. I smiled...at least someone laughed.

"Happy now?" Aiko asked escorting me back to my room.

"Yep. I made my point. Although it was quite embarrassing," I said.

Aiko sighed before leaving me in my room.

"I'm not hungry Aiko. Please give my apologizes to the Princes," I said.

"Princess..."

"I am going to bed. Goodnight Aiko."

Aiko left my room and I laid on my bed. I ran through the events of today. Saw a red-haired girl, met the prince, ran into an assassin. Hmm...three interesting things. I had to admit Clarines was more entertaining than I thought. I laid on the bed when my stomach growled viciously.

"Shut up!" I said to it.

In response it only growled louder. Great...I'm hungry. Why didn't I eat? Ahh...and I even missed dessert. I sighed, my stubbornness would keep me from going back. I know! After everyone is asleep I'm going to sneak into the kitchen. Haha yes! Then I can pig out and no one will know! I smiled at my little plan and pulled out a pen and paper to keep myself entertained until then. After some time I noticed the palace grew quiet and outside it was pitch black. I crept towards the door when it flung open hitting my head. I fell to the floor rubbing my head.

"Ow," I said continuing to rub my head. I looked up to see Izana with a flustered look. I don't think he expected to hit me with the door.

 I don't think he expected to hit me with the door

"Maybe next time knock?" I said.

He had a plate in his hand. Was he bringing me food?

"Let me see," He said putting the plate down and bending down to my level. I blushed at his closeness.

He gently placed his hand on the new bump that formed on my forehead. When he touched it my head pounded and I squirmed in response to the pain.

"Here," He said handing me the plate. "Sit on the bed and wait for me," He said before leaving.

I did as he said, so lost in the moment. The thought of his closeness made my head spin even more. I looked down and could see I was in my nightgown. He saw?! Quickly I slipped a blanket over me. He came back a few moments later with an ice pack. Without another word he placed it on my head.

"A warning would be nice," I said surprised at the sudden burst of cold.

"Shut up and hold it," He said in a commanding tone.

I looked at the plate of food and could see chicken, rice, turkey and even a slice of cake. I smiled at the thought of eating it all.

"Thank you," I said looking at him.

He brushed my bangs out of my face and the gentle touch of his hand made me feel lost. His hand was so warm and comforting. He turned to the plate and handed it to me.

"Eat. I can hear your stomach growl all the way from my room," He said.

"How did you know about the fish summoning?" I asked taking a bite of chicken.

"You really think I won't research what kind of person I'm doing a marriage interview with?"

I chuckled. "I wouldn't expect anything else."

My response caused him to smile. I could tell it was sincere this time and it made me happy to see his real smile.

He turned away from me.

"Thank you," He whispered, causing me to almost choke on my food. I began to cough and he looked back at me with a flustered look. He looked like he wished he never said that.

"For what?" I asked.

"For leaving at dinner. I was worried there wasn't going to be enough food. You see I hear you have a big appetite," He said chuckling.

"W-WHAT?!! That's why you said thank you?! How rude! My appetite is normal." I forgot for a moment that he was a prince and I gave him a punch on his shoulder.

"Jerk..." I whispered.

"Such a child..." I heard him whisper. "Next time. Just come in regular clothes. And don't skip dinner," He said before walking out of my room.

"Prince Izana..." I found myself calling his name.

He turned around, his blonde hair gracefully following. He stood in the doorway and I couldn't help but admire his figure. I couldn't muster any words. The room fell silent. He waved his hand before leaving. What just happened?! Was that really Prince Izana? I chuckled. This really was going to be a crazy two weeks.

I woke up to the sun in my face.

"Ah you're finally awake."

I flinched hearing someone in my room. I turned to see that assassin from yesterday.

 I turned to see that assassin from yesterday

"What are you doing in my room?" I asked.

"Just wanted to say good morning Miss," He said with a grin.

"And the other reason?" I asked.

"Master assigned me by your side today," He said stepping down from the balcony and into my room.

"What is your name?" I asked.

"Obi," He said bowing.

"Well Obi, I need you to do something for me. It's very important," I said.

He seemed excited that he would have something to do other than watching me.

"What is it? Hunting? I'm good at that!"

"I'm sure you are but this is far more important and requires someone with a lot of skill," I replied, gaining more and more of his attention.

"Please tell me Miss!"

"GET OUT OF MY ROOM!" I shouted.