Chapter 5- The Test

I wondered where Izana could be I haven't seen him all day. This marriage interview won't work if I don't see him. Just as I was thinking about him I passed by him in the hall. He glanced at me but continued to walk by.

"Princess Rain!" I heard Mitsuhide call.

"Yes?"

"Come quick! We need your help...Shirayuki..."

I ran as fast as I could following Mistuhide. I wondered what happened but I was sure Prince Zen would be by her side. Mitsuhide lead me all the way out of the castle and to the port. I was panting out of breath.

"Where is she?" I asked. "What's going on?"

I looked around to see Zen by the water calling out for Shirayuki. I ran to Kiki.

"What's going on?!" I asked.

"Shirayuki! We can't find her! We think she's somewhere in the water," Mitsuhide answered.

"I'm going!" Zen said taking off his sword about to jump in.

"Wait," I said grabbing Zen's arm.

He pushed my hand away.

"I'm going to save her. Don't touch me."

"I can help!" I shouted, not knowing any other way to get him to listen. "Why else would you call me here?!"

"I didn't call you here but if you are going to help hurry up!" Zen responded clearly agitated.

I walked towards the water and stuck my hand down touching it. I closed my eyes and could feel the coolness of the water passing through my fingers. I thought of Shirayuki, then I could sense someone out in the water. I lifted my hand.

"Bring her to me," I whispered to the water, causing the gem in my headdress to light up.

The wind picked up violently causing my hair to flick around. The waves rumbled and I could see Shirayuki's body rise from the water. The waves carried her to shore and Zen quickly began trying to revive her. After trying and with no luck I pushed Zen out of the way.

"Move!"

I placed my hand on Shirayuki's chest and knew she would be gone any second. I called upon the water once more and commanded her to be brought back. The sea was taking her life but it could also give it back. Suddenly, Shirayuki spit out water and started coughing. Zen held her close with tears in his eyes. I backed away and let them have their space. i could sense the love between the two and grew a little jealous wondering what it must be like.

 i could sense the love between the two and grew a little jealous wondering what it must be like

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

 Mitsuhide checked on Zen and Shirayuki. Kiki stood next to me.

"That is your power?" She asked bluntly.

"Yes," I replied. "While I still have it."

I turned around to see Izana gazing on. Did he set this up? Was he testing me? I looked back at Zen and Shirayuki. Or them? I returned to the castle with everyone and visited Shirayuki in the medical wing. After the sun set I got changed into my long blue dress.

"Aiko, I'm going. Accompany me but keep your distance," I said.

I walked all the way back to the port and sat on the edge with my feet in the water.

"Thank you," I whispered to the water. I got up and walked to the end of the dock. I pulled my hair out of my ponytail before jumping into the water. I had to give my thanks and in exchange for saving Shirayuki the water would have to take another piece of me. I closed my eyes taking in the comfort of the waves. I could feel a sharp pain in my legs. Suddenly, I could feel someone grab me and pull me up. I opened my eyes to a pair of deep blue eyes. I didn't know what to say.

He wrapped his arms around me and swam back to the port. I could feel that I lost feeling in my legs. I looked at Izana. His hair turned completely straight and he was dripping wet. I had to admit that he looked really good wet.

"What do you think you were doing?" He scolded at me.

"What do you think you were doing pulling me up?! Good thing I completed the ritual!"

"Are you crazy?! I thought you drowned!"

I could see the worry and annoyance in his voice. He didn't know about the after ritual but I am sure he was watching the limits of my power earlier.

"Sorry," I said.

He wrapped a dry towel over me.

"This is the price I have to pay when using my power. You should know since you were examining me earlier. Soon I won't be able to recover," I said looking up at him.

He was silent since I knew he was observing me.

"If the only reason you agreed to this marriage interview was so you could see my powers I suggest you end it now." I said to him.

"I have done what I wanted to do," Izana said. "Let's go back."

"Where's Aiko?!" I asked.

"I sent him back already. I didn't need him to save you."

I tried to stand but couldn't move my legs. I figured the feeling wouldn't come back until the morning.

"I can't..."

Before I could finish my sentence I felt Izana wrap his arms around me and lift me up. He held me bridal style and I stared at him dumbfounded. I blushed as he carried me back.

"You should change immediately. You'll get sick," I said to him as he dropped me down on my bed.

"I'll send in some maids to attend to you. I'll see the Chief Herbalist to make medication for you," He said starting to walk away.

"Izana...wait..." I ditched formality.

"Thank you," I said.

He nodded and left the room. I laid there waiting for someone to come in. I closed my eyes. The water drained my energy and I was exhausted.