Chapter 6-Gaining Feelings

When I woke up I turned to see someone sleeping on the end of my bed. I noticed it was Obi. 

How long was he there? I turned to see that there was medication on the nightstand along with a note

Take this with your tea every morning. It tastes bitter so try not to spit it out.

-Prince Izana

I smiled at the thought that Izana went out of his way to get me medication. I looked at Obi who continued to sleep soundly causing me to smile. So this is what it felt like to have someone care for you? I tried to get up without waking Obi which of course did not work.

"Are you feeling better Miss?"

"Much better thanks Obi. And please don't call me Miss. It drives me crazy. Rain is fine..."

"I can't do that Miss..." Obi said scratching his head.

"Just call me Rain, Obi. That's an order," I said smiling at him.

He nodded then proceeded to the nightstand.

"I'll put some in your tea," He said.

"Thanks Obi, but why are you here? Prince Zen send you again?"

"Nope, Master doesn't know," Obi said.

I didn't want to question any further so I left it alone. Obi handed me the cup and my hand gently brushed against his. I blushed at the sudden touch.

"Thanks," I said taking the tea.

I took a sip and cringed. Izana was right, this was bitter. Obi started laughing at my face causing me to laugh with him. Suddenly his smile faded. He jumped onto the bed in front of me facing the window. He whipped out small dagger into his hand.

"Someone's here," He said.

I looked out the window and could see someone climbing up the balcony. This caused Obi to pounce. He grabbed the person by the collar and threw him to the ground pointing a dagger at his throat.

"Who do you work for?" Obi asked with a serious tone.

"Princess Rain!" I heard a nervous voice shout. I knew who it was.

I started to chuckle.

"It's fine Obi. It's just Aiko."

Obi backed away letting Aiko calm down.

"Sorry," Obi said smiling.

"Why did you climb up here? You know there's a door?" I asked Aiko.

"I had to check on you! Prince Izana was not letting anyone in while you recovered."

No one? I rolled the thought around in my head then I looked at Obi with a raised brow. He smiled at me like he didn't do anything.

"How are your legs feeling your highness?" Aiko asked.

"Better," I responded wiggling my toes. But I still could not move my legs. The water really took a lot of me this time.

Aiko turned to Obi.

"And why are YOU here?!"

"It's fine," I answered, knowing Aiko wouldn't listen to Obi's response.

"I have the report you wanted," Aiko said.

"Obi please leave. Thank you for checking on me," I said making sure Obi couldn't hear anything next.

Aiko handed me a stack of paper that nearly caused me to fall forward.

"Anything out of the ordinary?" I asked.

"No your highness, except one person."

"Who?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"Prince Zen's messenger. He's an ex-assassin," Aiko replied.

Hmm...he must be really loyal if Zen trusts him.

"Is that all the information about him?"

"Yes. That I could find," Aiko answered.

After that he left me to sleep. I was so bored in the room. There was nothing to do but read or draw and even after a few hours I grew tired of it. I laid there wondering about Obi's past, if Zen confessed to Shirayuki and what Izana was doing. I sighed before going to sleep.

***

The next few days passed as boring as the next. Today was my seventh day here, so I only had one more week left. I haven't seen Izana since he "rescued" me from drowning. And since I've been trapped in my room only the maids come in and out.

"Lost in thought?" I heard a familiar voice say.

"Hey Obi," I replied in a sad tone.

"Bored?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"I know the feeling. With Master away I have nothing to do."

"Where is Prince Zen?" I asked.

"Not sure. He doesn't tell me anything," Obi mumbled.

"I'm sure he will eventually," I replied.

"You know Princess..." Obi said sitting on the bed.

"What?" I asked.

"If you wanted information about me you could just ask."

H-How did he know? I knew he could see right through me if I tried to play dumb.

"Next time I will," I answered.

Obi left a few minutes later leaving me again to my own thoughts. My legs were almost fully recovered and I could get up and walk around by tomorrow. Until then, the physician does not want me to get up. The sun set and I closed my eyes, saying goodbye to another uneventful day. Suddenly I felt myself wake up in the middle of the night. I sat up and could see Izana resting his head on my bed. I smiled that he would be checking on me. Does he actually care about me? I placed my hand on his head. He slowly lifted his head and opened his eyes. I could still make out the blue in his eyes despite the darkness of the room.

 I could still make out the blue in his eyes despite the darkness of the room

He chuckled. "You caught me."

"Just shut up and go back to sleep. I'm sure you're up to your eyeballs in paperwork," I said urging him to rest.

He pulled his chair out and got up to go back to his room.

"Wait..." I said not wanting him to leave.

"I'll see you tomorrow Princess," He said before leaving the room.

I slumped back and fell back asleep.