Chapter Six

Chapter Six

For the past three hours I had been contemplating my decision. Should I? Should I not? Would she answer back? Did she still love me? She told me she did. I believed her. I hit SEND. My heart was racing. Why was she taking so long in answering back? I looked at my watch. A minute hadn’t gone by since I hit SEND. I was impatient. What was taking so long? My phone beeped.

I miss you too.

My heart skipped a beat. She missed me too.

“Lacey!” My dad yelled up the stairs.

“Coming!” I threw the cell I had used to text Charlie into my desk drawer and picked up my other cell, the one my parents had given me. They couldn’t keep me from her. No matter how much they tried. I would still find a way back to her. That’s where my heart was. I turned off the lights to my room and Charlie’s voice engulfed me.

I love you.

I love you too, Lie.

------------------------

Charlie's POV

5 Days Later

Still Present Time

------------------------

She wasn’t kidding. My mother was not kidding. She dragged me all the way to therapy kicking and screaming. She wouldn’t let me out of it. I wasn’t living at home anymore, so what was her reason?

“Stop it, Charlotte.”

“I don’t want to be here.You kicked me out remember? You don’t have a say in my life anymore.”

“As long as you’re 17, I still decide what you do. Understand?” I sighed. She didn't get it. She kicked me out. I wasn't under her roof anymore. She'd basically disowned me.

"Whatever. " I've been living with Sarah and Zoe for the past 5 days. They've been kind enough to let me stay until I graduate. I told them I would pay them back, but they wouldn't hear a word about it.

"Don't whatever me, young lady. Now you're going to go to therapy and you are not to come out until your two hours are up. Two hours. Do you hear me?" I didn’t answer. “I said did you hear me?”

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I heard you the first time." That was code for ‘fuck you’, if you didn’t catch that.

------------------------

Therapy Session

------------------------

"............."

"So are we going to talk today?"

"............."

"Silence?"

"............."

"Alright. I guess we'll just sit here until your two hours are up."

"............."

--------------------

Flashback

--------------------

Lacey and I took a sick day. We pretended to be sick and then she came over to the house when the coast was clear. We had been planning this for days. First I had to make sure it was a day my dad was working. Then I had to make sure my mom was away from the house. It took forever to plan but we finally got it.