Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

-------------------

Flashback

-------------------

We've been together for 4 months now. We've had our ups and downs. Its hard to keep our relationship a secret.

Like right now, watching everyone else hold hands with their boyfriends or girlfriends, watching them be affectionate, was making me sad. I couldn't do any of that. I couldn't hold Lacey's hand or even give her a simple kiss.

Right now I was leaning against my locker, watching her talk with Hope by their lockers. They were giggling. Lucas Medlin, the class president approached them. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but I could guess he was asking Lacey out. My streak of violence always seemed to surge whenever I saw a guy asking her out. It was more frequent than not, that a guy asked her out. She was still the new hot ticket in town. Boys were asking her out left and right and I wanted to put them all 10 feet under.

"Hey there you. Where have you been hiding?"

"I could ask you the same thing, Randy." He stepped into my view, blocking me from watching Lacey. Great. Now I wouldn't know if she said yes or no.

"What do you mean?"

"We haven't hung out in more than a month."

"Oh? Hmm. I didn't know that much time had gone by."

Liar. He knew that much time had gone by, but he was being nonchalant about it.

"Sure. So what do you want?" Someone bumped into him and allowed me to glance where Lacey was. She was gone. Damn it.

"Can't I talk with my best friend?"

"Sure you can. It's when you talk to me out of the blue that tells me you want something. So what do you want?"

The bell rang for first period. I had five minutes to get to class.

"Charlie." I felt Lace's hand on my shoulder. I looked at her and smiled. I wanted to lean into her touch.

"Um, it-it can wait. I'll see you a-around." I looked back at him, but he was gone, swallowed up by the sea of students making their way to class.

That was weird. Randy never lost his cool. So what was bugging him? Had he been about to ask me something about Lacey? Is that why he scampered away at her appearance? Did he like Lacey? Was he gonna ask me to ask her if she would go out with him? What was he gonna tell me? I was more curious than the cat who got killed. You know that saying? Curiosity killed the--oh never mind. What do you care about that?

"Come on, Lie. We're going to be late for class if you keep thinking."

"Who says I'm thinking?"

"I say you're thinking because every time you think you become a statue."

"I do not."

"You do too. Now come on or else you don't get any nooky later."

"Yes, ma'am." I watched the sway of her hips as she walked away from me. She was so sexy. I knew everything there was about her hips.

"Hey what happened with Lucas?" I asked breaking out of the trance her hips had me in.

"Wouldn't you like to know..."

I didn't like the sound of that. She better not have told him yes.

Lunch time was here which meant I could go home because I was done with all my classes for the day. I put my books in my locker and waited for Lacey.