Chapter Eleven

A/N: Quick sidenote.. Thank you Clay for the new cover. I think it looks pretty sick.

Chapter Eleven

---------------------

Charlie's POV

Flashback

---------------------

Lacey fell asleep on the drive home. She kept moving around in her sleep and that scared me. I didn't know the whole story yet, but I was positive I wouldn't like it one bit when I heard it. Lucas really was an asshole and I knew it from the start. Shit, I knew it since we were kids. He was one of the few boys that were always running around, looking under the girls' dresses. He was an arrogant sick bastard and he was gonna pay. He was gonna pay dearly. Just as soon as Lacey was in my bed safe and sound.

"Angel." I shook her gently. She didn't wake. I shook her a little harder, careful not to startle her awake. If she was having a nightmare, I didn't want to be on the receiving end when she woke up. "Lacey." I caressed her cheek softly. Her movements settled and her breathing evened out. She cuddled up closer to me, murmuring my name in her sleep. I brushed away the few strands of hair that fell into her face and kissed her forehead tenderly.

I couldn't force myself to wake her. So as quietly as possible, I got out of the car and went to her side, picking her up gently and into my arms. She snuggled into me. I watched as a snowflake fell on her beautiful face. She flinched and woke up.

"Lie?" Her eyes were half open looking at me.

"Shh. Go back to sleep. Everything is okay."

She nodded and buried her face into my neck. I made sure the doors to my car were locked before making my way to the house. You look at Lacey and don't figure her for more than 100 pounds. Well let me tell you she knows how to hide it pretty good. I struggled a bit to get to the door.

The door opened automatically for me. I sighed in relief. I had been thinking of how I was gonna open the door with Lacey in my arms. I probably would have dropped her.

"Is she okay, Char?"

Kylie stood there with a worried expression on her face.

"Where are mom and dad?" I whispered and stepped inside.

"They went to bed already. Char is she...?"

"She'll be fine. How did you know I was at the door?"

"Oh didn't you know? Some time ago they invented something called a window."

"Hardy har-har." My sister was hilarious.

"Lie..." Lacey moaned. She tried moving around in my arms, but she didn't have anywhere else to go. I struggled to keep her in my arms and not let her fall. "Why can't I move?" She was wide awake.

"Because you're in my arms silly." I kissed her nose.

"Oh." She looked around. "Hi Ky. What are you doing here?"

"I should be asking you that question. You're one in my house."

"Ky!" I nudged her arm as best as I could.

"What? I'm only stating the truth. It's not like I really care that she's here. You know I love her as if she were my own sister. I wish she was my sister-in-law already."