Stormy Nights with You- Gastina

No school on a cold and dark day made for a brilliant date for Nina and Gaston. At Nina's house, they watched movies all day long, ordered pizza (twice), and occasionally make out every now and then.

Even after a year and a half of dating, Nina still gets flustered every time, but Gaston would never ever put her in a position she didn't want to be in. She was grateful for that. That she was the luckiest girl to ever find someone so relatable and understanding as Gaston. She loved having him by her side, and he with her. He loved that he could share the same passions with her and adore her with his entire being. They were truly a match made in heaven.

Throughout the day it began to rain. It began to pour later on, the storms were nearly coming. However, it was 10 o'clock meaning Gaston probably should be going. He took his arm from around Nina's shoulder, which caused her to look up from the screen.

"It's getting pretty late, I think I should be going." As Gaston is about to get up, Nina grabs a hold of his arm. "How are you getting home? You walked here." That stumped him there. He didn't really think this through. "I'll just call Matteo to come get me, don't worry." Nina nods in agreement and returns back to the screen, still unsure.

The phone kept ringing and ringing but Matteo did not pick up. Gastón called back again six more times and nothing. "He's not picking up," he calls his girlfriend to attention. "Probably having a little too much fun with Luna on their date tonight." Nina rolled her eyes at this. "It's fine, just stay a bit longer until it stops raining" she suggests.

"You're right. Maybe the rain will clear down soon." She shyly nods in agreement and pulls him back next to her, resuming the movie. He was still a bit anxious though, worried that the rain would keep going. What was he supposed to do then? He didn't bring his car, the bus doesn't run this late at night in this area, and he had nobody else to pick him up.

An hour and a half pass by and the rain is as strong as ever. Gaston was really panicking now. Nina seemed to sense his anxiousness and glanced at her watch and out the window. They look at each other reflecting the same expression. She bites her lip and looks down at her lap. She has an idea but is a bit nervous about. There really is no other option so she just goes for it.

"Um, Gaston?" He snaps out of his mind and turns to his girlfriend, all ears at her. "I-I think you should spend the night....... It's raining badly and all and.... It's just for one night." She looks back up at her boyfriend who wears a surprised expression on his face.

He really wasn't expecting her to suggest that. They had never done anything besides kissing before, and they had never slept over at each other's houses. Nina has always been a quiet and reserved person so they had always been very relaxed as a couple. Her suggestion really threw him off. He wasn't opposed to the idea, he just wasn't sure if it was because she wanted him to or just for hospitality.

"Nina, you don't have to. Really, I'll be fine. Besides, what about when you're dad comes back? I don't think he'd like the idea of me being here. But thank you, I appreciate it." She sat up a bit straighter to talk properly to him. "No, I'm not letting you walk back at this time at night in the rain. My dad texted me not long ago that he had some really big idea for this new app so he might be at his office for a few more hours, probably pulling an all-nighter. I'm okay with it. It'll be alright." She pulls his hand into hers, entwining their fingers together.

Gaston looks back up at her and bites his lip and sighs defeated. "Well if you're okay with it and everything. I'll stay." Nina's lips pull into a shy smile. "Okay, great." They quietly agreed and spent the next few hours in silence.