ain't no cryin' in the club

I write either too much fluff or too much angst all at once. Today, you could probably guess the pattern lmao. 

-

you fear, that you'll lay alone forever now

He didn't know what he was doing here. He hated parties. He hated being around a bunch of drunk teenagers who dance sloppily and have no sense of direction and go spilling their drinks on people. He hated the type of music they played. The stupid fast-talking rap or the weird EDM beats that make you move awkwardly. And he hated how he was alone. Nico and Pedro swore they were only going to leave him alone for two seconds and come straight back. But they never did. So now he was by himself, leaning his back against the bar, a good distance away from the rest of the crowd watching people. And he wanted nothing more than to go home. 

But he couldn't. Pedro has the keys to the car and of course, he was nowhere to be found. So now Simon was stuck here.  

The past few days have been extremely tough on Simon. He had to find out the hard way that his ex- Daniela was a lying bitch. He refused to believe his best friend when she had claimed that she wasn't who she really said she was. He always fell deep into the trap, being so enamored by the girl, he didn't care what anyone else had to say. And that really tore a hole in their friendship. Again.

Yes, this was not the first time for this to happen.

Simon's first two girlfriends he had in Cancun did pretty much the exact same thing. They both lied straight to his face about different things and went and did them behind his back. He really should have been more precise and careful about who he dated after previous mistakes. He really should have listened to the people around him when they said there something going wrong. He should have listened to his own tingling senses when he felt something tinge. He pushed every single obstacle out of his way and followed each girl's lead like a lost little puppy. He fell too in love, too spellbound. And every time, it left him in pieces over again. 

Luna had warned him time and time again. He felt the worst for putting his best friend through his bullshit. She was there for him through every single girl despite how much shit she got from them. She tolerated it all. And the fact that she can get mad at Simon and forgive him for the sake of friendship everytime proves how true of a friend she is to him. And he really didn't deserve to have such loyalty by his side. 

Now brokenhearted again and no friends nearby, he felt so invisible. He thinks back and painful flashbacks pound in his head. The mistakes he made are so repeated, he can't understand why he never learns from them. What if he never does? What if he's thrown in a neverending cycle of misery. He feared that he would always end up broken and alone. Never completely satisfied and happy with life and love. And that's all he's ever wanted. True happiness and the happy ever afters seem like a far distance, something out of reach. What if he gave up and was never able to reach the end of the tunnel. It's such a painful thought. But it keeps appearing in his head over and over again. 

As he stood there, sipping his drink and staring at the floor deep in thought, he didn't even notice the blonde girl standing right in front of him until she cleared her throat. "Simon," she says. "I wouldn't have expected to see you here," Simon looked up and gave a crooked smile. "Yeah, I didn't expect myself to have come here either."

She nods her head a bit awkwardly looking around the crowded atmosphere. taking small sips from her red cup as well. When she finally looks back, she notices how sad he looks staring at the floor. "Hey, what's wrong?" she asks him. He just shrugs his shoulders, biting his lip. "I just broke up with my ex a few days ago. So..." he drifts off. She looks at him with concern. She doesn't really know how to handle a situation like this. They never really talk. And Gaston and Matteo left her to go have fun on their own. She feels a bit out of place not know what to do exactly.