take my hand and my heart and soul

Happy Valentine's Day!
warning: this is extremely cheesy and terribly written bc short notice but I wanted some fluff and yeah okay there's that. But if you enjoy that type of shit then this is for you ;) enjoy!

This is Simbar btw lmao

-

It was such a terrible day, to begin with. Every single one of his plans went out of the window as soon as the first droplet from the sky hit the pavement. Simon was frustrated as fuck not having any backup plans prepared for the day, yet he was moping behind the counter, not doing anything about it. Pretty much given up.

Simon wanted to make Valentine's day really special for Ambar this year, as last year had been a disaster with there being a fire in the restaurant they had gone to and they had to evacuate the building. Leaving the place without even having their meals delivered yet. They had gone home and ordered pizza with movies in replacement, but Simon just didn't feel it quite the same.

This time, he planned to set up a nice picnic in the middle of the park where they first kissed. With the biggest bouquet of flowers he could find at the shop and all of her favorite foods. And he had checked the weather multiple times, it had only said a 20% chance of rain with mostly sunny skies. But of course, that completely turned against him making it pouring rain and left him stranded with nothing else at hand.

He heard the front door's bells ring and knitted his eyebrows in confusion. It was still early and the roller hadn't opened yet, but it was unlocked because that was how he got in this morning.

However, when he turned his head and saw the blonde girl coming to the bar in her uniform and a single rose in hand, he buried his head in his hands. It was too late for anything at this point in time. He knew she would be crushed when he learned he had nothing left for her that day. But he had to face the music sooner than later.

He slowly lifted his head up as he gave her a soft smile. She beamed at him as she presented him with the rose. "Happy Valentine's Day, Simon," she says sweetly as she reached up to kiss him on the cheek. He looked at the rose in his hand, twirling the stem in his fingers. He looked at the girl who was batting her eyelashes at him adoringly and biting her lip. "Aren't I supposed to be the one who gives you flowers?" he asks her as he winces. Concern grows on her face as she looks at him intently. "I don't think it matters on who gives it to who. Is something wrong? Do You Not like it?"

His eyes widen at her words. "No, not at all, I love it. Really, thank you," "Then what is it?" she asks him. He sighs loudly and takes her hand leading her to sit on the bar stool opposite of him. He takes both of her hands in his and hopes that with everything he won't be murdered today.

"Well you see, I had this great date prepared for us today. it was going to be a picnic outside in the park and have all of the works. But the rain kind of ruined all of that, so I have nothing else prepared for today, Bonita. I'm sorry," he says while looking down sullenly. Simon feels Ambar squeeze his hand and makes him look up. She giggles a bit as she rests her hand on his cheek. And he looks at her very confused.

"Why are you laughing?" he asks her. She shakes her head at him. "Because I love you. But I didn't mean for it to be like that. What I meant was, I already have a surprise for you," she says. This makes Simon grow even more curious and anxious. "Wait, a surprise? What?" She smirks at him a bit. "Yes, I do have a surprise for you. But I can't tell you what it is yet obviously because it's a surprise for a reason."

At this, his heart beats a bit faster, his curiosity completely taking over him. How was it that she was one step ahead of him?

Ambar looks behind her at the clock on the wall and realizes that she could be late. "I'm running late for school. But I'll text you everything you need to know later, okay? Bye," she kisses his cheek one more time and runs out the door, leaving him frozen in place.