i like me better when i'm with you

I started writing this so I could post it by Christmas but then I didn't. And I almost let this get unposted until after Valentine's day but teehee surprise I stayed up until nearly three in the morning finishing this so I could make it on time. Anyways, I didn't proofread this for obvious previously stated reasons. Also, I had combined two prompts I saw on Tumblr to make this but I lost the post to credit it. Anyway, double Valentine's day fic I guess. This one is twice as long though so enjoy, I hope. 

13 February

She really didn't care that she didn't have anyone to spoil with flowers or chocolates or fancy dinners or intimate nights of candles and champagne and privacy with this holiday. Sure Valentine's day was meant to be spent with your partner to show them your love. But Luna likes to look at it more as an opportunity to spoil her family and friends with all of the love she has for them. And it's one of her favorite holidays because of that reason. There's nothing that gives her more joy than to show her appreciation, in this case, cookies. 

Getting home from a long day of classes at the university, Luna was still in the warm and cheery mood to dive right into her cookie bonanza. She planned to make at the very least 6 dozen batches of cookies for her best friends to give the next day, and it was going to take her all afternoon to do so. 

Not even an hour after getting home, already elbows deep into making her first batch of cookies that were already in the oven, she suddenly remembers the bag of frostings she had bought from the grocery store before returning that she had left in the car. Luna looked over at the timer, seeing that she had about six minutes left on her cookies. It would take her about four minutes if she sprinted all the way downstairs, to her car, and back up, so she figures she would be able to make it in time if she hurried quickly. 

Yet alas, when she makes it back up to her apartment, with two minutes to spare like predicted, she realizes that her front door was locked and closed and that she didn't bring her key with her. Leaving her totally screwed.

Of course, pulling on the handle and kicking the door repeatedly, and so hard that it made her toes throb, did nothing to help. Especially when her new next-door neighbor approached her looking rather wary as she basically attacked her front door about to rob herself. She stops while looking between him and the door rather sheepishly. While he looked pretty terrified, to say the least. 

"Is there a reason why you're trying to knock down your door like that?" he asks of her. Luna sighs while grumpily whines at her failed attempts of entry, as well as greeting impression. "I accidentally locked myself out, and now I have cookies that in the oven that are about to burn any moment now, so I am just praying no one has to evacuate from a burning building right about now," she hastily explains herself. 

The guy nods more understandingly as she frantically looks at her door for some answer to just spew out right in front of her eyes magically. He taps her shoulder as she does so. "Uh, you don't happen to have a spare like under your welcome mat or anything like that? Luna shook her head. She did actually, but two weeks ago when she had Simon drop off her skates in her apartment while she went to take a test, he had left it inside and she forgot to put it back under the mat, leaving her back up, backfired. 

"No, I forgot to replace it. I need to get in there fast though, I seriously think something can end up burning soon," 

Thinking extremely quickly he points toward the window right next to the door. Sure it's not a huge one, but with Luna being tiny and all, she could definitely be able to fit through there easily. 

He points it out to her and together they try to find a way to open it up. Luckily Luna hadn't set the lock in place from the inside, yet it was still hard to slide it open. But somehow with a little bit of patience and nimble fingers, they got it open. However, with the screen still on there, they needed tools. So he went back inside to grab a screwdriver and such. Meanwhile, the timer of the oven went off repeatedly, and the scent of burnt cookies becoming stronger making Luna slightly more tense than before.