shitty dates on Valentine's Day

It's been idk how many months since I've written anything. But here is this really short and cheesy and terrible thing I wrote all today. And I hope you have a great Valentine's Day  💖

Also Tumblr prompt I used as inspiration for this: "I was sitting at the other side of the restaurant and saw that your date stood you up. And I'm here alone now and I feel really sad for you. Would you like to have dinner with me then?"

-

Luna has never been a huge fan of Valentine's day. Not because she hasn't had anyone to celebrate it with. Usually, she just eats a nice dinner at her parent's house where they give her a box of chocolates and watch movies together, all while dodging her grandfather's questions of when she'll get a boyfriend while her parents assure him it'll happen when she's ready. Not her favorite holiday to say the least. 

And this year was no exception. Even if she finally had a date to celebrate properly with this time, it didn't really change her feelings about it. And it'll take a while before it does probably. 

Right now she is at this very fancy as fuck restaurant, one of the most expensive places in all of Buenos Aires in a very uncomfortable dress and impossibly high heels she instantly regretted wearing the moment she put them on. This is her only her third date with this guy Michel. 

The first date wasn't all that bad; it was enough to go on a second. But her feelings definitely shifted by the second. And now by the third, she realizes she has zero interest in this guy who has no spark with her and just wants this date to end as quickly as possible. 

All evening he has been yapping all about his exclusive job and all these business trips he's been on and ones he's going to go on and not once has he asked anything to her this evening and she doesn't know how much wine she'll be able to drown in before she might just burst in his face over his obnoxiousness. 

As the guy is telling her about a new business deal he signed onto that she pretends she's listening to, she can't help but look across the room at the guy alone by himself at a table, pacing and looking at his watch every three seconds while nervously bouncing his leg up and down. The waiter comes to his table to probably take an order but sends him away looking unsure and unready. Luna feels bad for him being stood up. But it honestly can't be any worse than her date only talking about himself. 

"Luna?" she turns her head to see Michel patiently waiting for her. Even though she has no clue what he asked her. "What?" she asks slightly annoyed but trying to not let it slip into her tone. Luckily he doesn't notice. Maybe he'll finally ask how her day was or something.

He motions behind her. "The food's here," he states. Luna huffs a little trying to not roll her eyes. But at least she won't be starving anymore. 

The server puts down their plates and refills their wine before leaving them be. Michel continues to talk while cutting his steak up making Luna even madder than before. She really just wants to end things with this guy. She normally isn't one to cause a scene and burst but in this case, she might have to. 

"Michel-", she starts, accidentally clanking her fork a little too loudly against the plate, before getting cut off by the buzzing of his cell phone. She glares at him with an insulted look of disgust on her face as he pulls out his phone from his pocket without hesitation. "I'm sorry I really have to take this," he says to her, with no actual remorse of being sorry. He even answers it at the table, with no decency to take it outside. Seriously, what did Luna even see with this dude?

Luna just sits there, completely bothered with folded arms, looking at the other guy who was stood up. Still sitting patiently with his cocktail a little sullen. Now she really feels for him, being in a somewhat similar situation.