everything is not as it seems

Hi, it's been a hot minute. Well, it's Halloween and since I haven't updated for some time, I thought I would bring this story here since I think I forgot to. This is a Wizards of Waverly Place AU that I wrote last year with my friend as a collab for SL Halloween week on Tumblr last year, so it's fairly old and very different formatting than usual, but might be new to some of you. Enjoy and Happy Halloween 🎃👻

-

"What's gonna be your plan to fix this, 'Luna'?" A very confused and angry Luna trapped inside Ambar's body asks the real Ambar in the tiny brunette's body as they walk towards the entrance of Blake. 'Ambar' rolls her eyes and continues to walk down the main pathway. "We'll get there. You know I hate this just as much as you do, right?"
Luna winces at Ambar. Both of them mentally prepare, memorizing which classes and assignments. They needed to act totally normal for the day, or at least until they could get everything back to normal. It was going to be a big challenge for both of them, as they are completely different personalities. But who knows, it could be fun for them?

Once they both walk through the doors of Blake, the bell rings right on cue. The brunette turns to face the blonde girl to check everything one last time. "You remember all of your classes and activities for the day right?" The blue-girl nods having understood everything. "And the test for bio can be made up for, so it doesn't matter if you don't know anything, just try your best, alright?" Blonde nods taking a deep breath. "You remember all of mine, right?" The green-eyed girl nods, checking behind her to see how many people are left in the hall rushing to class. "Yeah I got everything, don't worry," The girl still doesn't look convinced but ignores it anyway.
As she begins to walk away slowly, she turns to face the brunette once more. "Remember what Juliana said, you have until sunset to fix all of this otherwise I'm you forever," Ambar shudders at the thought of it and quickly shakes her head out of it. "I'm on it, there's no way I'm going to let that happen." They face away and walk opposite directions to get to their classes, hoping their secret doesn't get exposed.

1 hour earlier at the Roller: Luna

"It's gotta be here somewhere," I mumble to myself as I rummaged through my locker. I needed to be at school in an hour and I couldn't find my flash drive with my history paper in it. I shake out the small pouches from inside and pencils and hair ties fall onto the floor. I groan in annoyance when it's not there and I still have to pick everything back up.
When I give up, I slump into the beach and sigh heavily. This is such a nightmare. I thought. I really needed to print it out and turn it in today. I'll just turn it in later and hope the teacher will allow it and understand.
When I pick everything up and tuck it away again, my skates accidentally roll out of the locker and crash into the floor with a thud. And somehow the memory stick flies out from one of them, hitting my shoes. I roll my eyes at myself and pick it up and stuff it into the front pocket of my backpack. I put my skates back in and shut the door closed.
As I'm about to walk out, I hear the main door being opened. "Hello?" someone calls out. It's Juliana. No one knows I'm here though. I only got in because I know where Simon hides the second key. But I only used it to retrieve my memory stick. And Juliana has strict rules on non-staff members being here anytime during closed hours. If she finds me here I'm so screwed. But now I'm wondering why she's calling out if anyone's here when there's the rule.
I can hear the sound of her shoes hitting the floor and becoming louder the more she comes near. There's nowhere really to hide now. I just tick myself in deep into the corner of the locker wall and pray that she doesn't look behind it. It's silent for a few beats. But then I hear the clack of her feet fade out and I release my breath. Now I just have to find a way out of here.
I sneak out carefully from behind the lockers and step softly across the floor. That is until I see something that I wasn't even really sure I was seeing correctly. From the corner of my eye, I see Juliana somehow transform her cane into a shorter stick. Like a wand, She looks around once more before reciting a few words and waving it around. And the rink transforms into an entire lab. No. It can't be. Magic?
But before my brain could process it even further, the entrance door sounds again and multiple people pour in and cross into the rink. Ámbar, Gaston, Ramiro, Nina, Matteo, and Simon? All of my friends? I realize I'm still standing in the middle of the locker room, so I quickly duck behind the counter and observe, or rather hear what they are doing.
She hears the sounds of stools scraping the floor as they sit in the tables. "Alright, welcome back happy Monday, whatever all of that," Juliana begins her lecture. "Since we had too many problems with the animal transformation spell last week," she hears her pause. It's silent for a few seconds before she hears Gaston speak. "I don't get it, Matteo loved being a tiger. He already thinks of himself as one anyways," I can only imagine Matteo smirking at Gaston's remark which makes me roll my eyes.
"It's true, it wasn't that bad," Matteo says. "See I told you!" "Okay, moving on from that," Juliana starts back up again. "We're moving onto the Body Switching Spell. Like everything else, this one can be very dangerous if used senselessly. Involving humans, it can involve permanence as well. So let me demonstrate to you, what it exactly is."
What the fuck is happening? I thought. I really wanna see what in the world this actually is. I crawl out from under and peak my head out the tiniest bit. Thankfully they are all facing away from me, but it's still risky for me to be exposed. I rest my eyes on them as Juliana pulls Ramiro from out of his seat.
"This is how it works. Ready?" she asks Ramiro. He nods his head and kind of stretches his neck a bit. And then the sorcery begins, making hand gestures toward the two of them. "Cambia Corporum, Meum Corpora, Sua Nominavi" she claps her hands together and ghostly figures of Juliana and Ramiro emerge out of their bodies and into the air, quickly making a switch into the other person's body.
My jaw drops nearly to the floor, I had to cover it. I couldn't tell if my eyes were deceiving me or not. Had they really just switched bodies? With magic? It's real? And none of them have told me???
Juliana, or really Ramiro, is looking down at themselves, roaming her body with disbelief. Nina, from what I can tell, looks stunned at the transformation. And then Matteo and Gaston are giggling like little kids at their friend as a woman. "Can we switch back now? This feels weird," 'Ramiro' says embarrassed. 'Juliana' huffs and shakes their head. "Not yet, everyone has to understand it in full context first before learning how to switch. Ambar, Simon. You go next." They both stand up and Juliana orders Ambar to conduct the spell.
There are so many emotions running through my veins, I have no idea where to begin with myself. I'm weirded out and stunned and in disbelief. But mostly angry. Angry that they would keep this entire thing a secret from me. They all know how much I adored the tales of magic when I was little, and they made me keep thinking it was only fables. They never told me it was real. That's what hurt the most.
Before I know it, my anger somehow pulls me to my feet and I storm over into their "lair". Juliana's eyes bulge out of her sockets the second she sees me. "What the hell is all of this?" I bark. Everyone turns at me frightened.
"-sua nominavi!" Ambar completes the spell, right as we are standing directly in front of each other. "Her face is stunned but not for long as I feel myself being pushed out of my own self. And before I know it, my locks are now blonde and I'm wearing different rings on my fingers. Holy cow. I'm Ambar.
Everyone single person's jaw was dropped to the floor as they stared at us in utter disbelief. Nina and Simon covered their mouths and 'Juliana' rubbed their temples muttering indistinguishable words to their self.
"What the fuck just happened?" I hear myself say to them. Hearing my words coming from Ambar's voice made me jump and have a mini heart attack. This is seriously not what I was expecting from today. "Someone please explain to me what's going on?"
Juliana huffs, trying to recollect their self. "Luna, you weren't supposed to find out about any of this and I know it's confusing but we can't explain to you everything yet. For now, we just have to switch you back," Juliana explains. 'Ambar' who now seems to be in my body rolls her eyes. It's weird seeing how I look myself in person now. "Okay, well switch us back please," she whines.
"Oh no, you're the one who has to figure that out. You got yourself into the mess in the first place, you fix it," "And what about me? None of this is my fault!" I cry out. "This is a consequence for Ambar, Luna. I know it's not your fault, and I'm sorry. But until she figures it out, think of it as a bonding experience. Walking in each other's footsteps."
I really can't believe what she was making us do. Ambar needed to fix this fast. Being suddenly tied into this situation, I totally forgot that we have school in 15 minutes, and I react in panic. "We have school in 15 minutes!" I shout. Ambar widens her eyes and covers them with her forearm. "Juliana, Help!" she begs. 'Juliana only shrugs their shoulders. "Figure it out, girls. Get to school. Everyone, please,"
"And what about me?" 'Ramiro' asks with a strain in their voice. This makes Juliana ponder for a second before pulling him with her. "Fine, we'll switch back, after they leave. And you can't tell them the spell, they have to learn on their own."
Ambar and I both show annoyed looks on our faces before walking out together. Ambar pulls me to the side to hide so we can see the spell ourselves. However, of course, Juliana searches everywhere and has no trouble finding us. "Go," she demands. We sigh and stand up walking on our way to school. This should be an interesting day.