10

ABDUL

"Go see nana?" Kairi asked softly, as I turned into my grandmas driveway

I nodded my head at her and parked my car.

"Nana gone be happy to see you, but mad when she see me baby." I responded.

I walked inside the house and the smell of freshly cooked food immediately hit my nose.

"Roman? Is that you? I-" she stopped abruptly, looking at me with tears in her eyes.

"Hey ma... I just want to apologize. I'm sorry I left so abruptly, I just coul-"

"Stop Abdul! I don't want to hear it. Come get settled at the table. Gina is already here." She grabbed kairi and walked off.

I sighed and followed. "What's up big sis?"

"Kovi? Hey! I didn't think you were gonna come, Roman said you were out the country and I-"

"I was," I sighed. "But I'm back now. I got some business to handle."

"The man of the house here! What's up mama!" Roman said, kissing her on the cheek. "My three favorite girls all in one house."

He sat down, and we began to pray. We passed the food around until everybody was satisfied with what they had. Awkward silence began to fall on us, and I thought this was the perfect time to tell them the news.

"So," I spoke. "I got something to tell y'all."

Everybody looked up from their food, and gestured me to go on

"I got a baby on the way. A lil boy to be exact."

My granny and sister cheered happily.

"Who is the girl? How many months is she?" Questions was coming at me left to right.

"She's 5 months ma. She found out his ass was in the dope game, and dropped him. That's why he went ghost." Roman said making them be quiet.

"Really? You stupid ass mother fucke- drop that shit! Drop it now! Roman gone get your ass caught up! Just because he tell you to do it, don't meant you got too."

"Ma!" Roman fussed. "You act like I'm putting a gun to his head, and making him do the shit."

"Well that's how it seem. Roman you don't have kids, so you don't know how your brother feel. This illegal shit y'all are doing, I won't tolerate it. Not in my house!"