Your Words, A New Friend, And The Truth 8

Winterspirit stood still, she didn't move a twitch. The Paws of Protection cats surrounded her and started hissing, they were about to attack her if she didn't become there hostage. Winterspirit thought that they would leap at the same time, she thought of running off. The cats where silent, Ryen flattened his ears and stared at Winterspirit.

"Now!" Ryen yowled.

All five of the cats jumped at Winterspirit with they're claws extended. Winterspirit ran forward, the cats crashed into each other. Winterspirit ran as fast as she could, she needed to get away fast. The Paws of Protection cats where right on her tail.

"Stop! I didn't do nothing wrong!" Winterspirit yowled.

"Anything you say can, and will be used against you!" Ryen spat.

Winterspirit looked forward, she jumped up onto a low tree branch. She kept jumping up to get higher and higher in the trees. The Paws of Protection cats jumped up in the trees, Winterspirit looked at them and then looked down. The tree's in Haunted Forest where tall, one wrong move can lead to serious injuries or even death. Winterspirit focused on where she was putting her paws. The Paws of Protection cats where still on her tail, she jumped from tree to tree faster. She jumped to the left, nothing would stop her. Winterspirit thought of jumping in the river, she then realized the river could be shallow there and her dye on her pelt would wash off. Winterspirit continued jumping.

"This is your last chance to surrender!" Ryen yowled.

"I didn't kill him! I promise!" Winterspirit yowled.

They didn't believe her, she decided to not stop for nothing. She knew it would be difficult to get away from them, she thought of tricking them. Winterspirit pretended she saw something to her left, she looked to her left and she shot her eyes open.

"Jayson!" Winterspirit yowled.

The Paws of Protection cats looked where Winterspirit was looking, catching them off guard. Winterspirit jumped down and landed on a very low branch, she hung onto it almost falling on the ground. The Paws of Protection cats looked strait again, they slowed down some wondering where Winterspirit went. Winterspirit got back up on the branch, she jumped down on many branches until she was low enough to jump on the ground. She knew they would look for her, Winterspirit ran off into the brush. She thought of looking for some mud, the mud blocks the sent. Winterspirit looked around, she tripped over something. She fell down in mushy ground. Winterspirit looked at her hind paw, her paw was stuck in the mud. She pulled her paw out, Winterspirit saw the small mud puddle. She crawled over to it trying to keep low.

Winterspirit listened, she heard the paw steps coming closer. Winterspirit quickly rolled around in the wet mud, it was thick at first and then it got very wet like a liquid. Winterspirit made sure she got her pelt from head to tail. She stood up and ran under a bush, she saw her paw prints. She looked around for something, she found a loose branch on the bush. Winterspirit pulled it off the bush and walked forward still low to the ground. She swiped the branch on the ground to erase the prints. She made sure to cover the swirls in the mud so it doesn't lead to her hiding spot. She heard rustling in the bush, she let go of the branch and tucked her head in the bush. She laid still.

Arro walked over to her hiding place, he sniffed the bush. Winterspirit started to panic, Arro lift his head up. He signaled his head to tell them to come. Arro ran past her into the undergrowth, the other cats followed him. Winterspirit was relieved, she laid there still for fifteen minutes to make sure they were gone. Winterspirit slowly crawled out of the bush, she looked at her pelt dry with mud. Big clumps of mud stuck to her pelt, the mud made her uncomfortable. She ignored it, she wanted to get to Rollin and see if he could help find her father. She walked towards Witt Mountain, where Rollin's cave is. Winterspirit walked there consciously and alert. She thought of what happened to her father if he just disappeared like that. Winterspirit got to Witt Mountain, she stood in front of Rollin's cave.