The Poison Beauty

Clara woke up in the morning to find The Doctor looking at her. She smiled, remembering the night before. He was smiling too, and then reached over and kissed her forehead.

            "Good morning," Clara said. "Where to today?"

            "Well, it all depends! I checked this morning, the TARDIS is all done with the Angels," he said patting the wall and jumping up. "What do you want to do?"

           "Well...I've always wanted to see Mars. I know for you it must be boring, but I've never seen it and it's been a dream of mine for, well, forever. We don't have to. I remember from your time stream that there was a water infestation. But...you looked different then. Really different. You had some mega sideburns Doctor! Wow you've always been out of style, haven't you?" Clara said giggling at the last part. Clara was busy remembering, only to be interrupted by The Doctor.

          "We can go to Mars, if you'd like! Only it'd be before the water issues. That was a very terrifying experience. Literally turned you into some sort of zombie! Although, so did the TARDIS at one point. Sorry, about that by the way," he replied. 

          "Wait. What? I don't remember any zombies. What do you mean, Doctor?" Clara asked, frowning and confused. 

           Just then a loud crash erupted from outside of the telephone booth. The Doctor rushed, quickly putting on clothes. Clara decided to follow suit, still churning over the zombies in her mind. She just couldn't remember them, but maybe that was a good thing. Still, she wished she at least had a say in her memory being wiped. 

          The couple ran out into the counsle room, and The Doctor  grabbed the doors, rushing out of the box as fast as possible. Clara dashed after him. Her breath was taken away when she saw the beautiful scenery in front of her. Everything was green and lucious, and there were meadows everywhere. For some reason there were no animals or people, but Clara decided maybe they didn't want to ruin it. It was beautiful and one of the most magnificant things she had seen. 

          "Doctor, where are we? This place...it's...it's...amazing. And that doesn't even describe it. Is this Earth? Why aren't there any people or animals?" Clara asked, still trying to take in what she was looking at. 

          The Doctor pulled out his Sonic Screwdriver and waved it around. He looked upset, but happy at the same time. Clara couldn't place it, and she wasn't sure she wanted to. 

          "Clara, this place is Earth. After the human population dies out. After every single animal on the planet was posioned to death. All because of these plants. They're an alien species. Highly toxic to anything on Earth. They were dropped down as seeds by the Pokiloten...they wanted to inhabit the planet. In order to do so, they had to kill everything off. Only problem was they died off before they could come down here. Clara, we need to go. Everything here is toxic and poisonous. If we don't leave soon you'll have breathed in too many toxins to live any more. Understand? Inside. Now," The Doctor was rambling, and then rushing Clara back inside, worried that she had already inhaled too much of the air. 

          "Doctor, I'm fine! Seriously! Why did we have to leave? I'm sorry, I know it's toxic, but couldn't we get like breathing masks or something? Protective body suits? Something?"

          "No. If we spend more than five minutes down there, we'll either die from the toxins in the air, the radiation from the sun (seeing as the Earth is now 1.5 times closer to the sun), or from any part of us touching anything out there. I can't lose you, not again. Not after last night, and not after I've spent so much time with you."

          "Okay. I won't push it anymore. And I promise you won't lose me. Not for a long time, anyway. But you do know that eventually I will die. Hopefully from old age, but it's going to happen. I can't regenerate, and when I get old you're not going to want to be with me anymore. You say you will now, but you won't. I'll get all wrinkly and grey, and you'll stay looking like a twenty-five year old," she said. Once she started talking about it, she was crying, realizing that a future with her Doctor would never be possible. 

            "I would never do that. Ever," He said, kissing her lightly. "I'm here for you. Forever. I will keep you alive with me. We will figure out a way, I promise." 

A/N: HEY GUYS! Happy spring break to all of you! Sorry this chapter really isn't that exciting, and the last one wasn't either, but it will get a lot more exciting, I promise! Kind of fluffy...so hopefully, my dear readers, you're into that. I'm up to 40 views and 5 votes, so woo-hoo! Keep it up guys! Please follow me. Again, please keep voting, reviewing, commenting, and tell all of your buddies and pals! If you have any questions, please PM me and not put it in the comments because I probably won't get it. Have a wonderful day guys!