The Last Chapter

"Doctor! Do something!" Clara screamed. She wasn't one for depending on other people, but she honestly could not see a way out of this. The Doctor just looked at her with a look that was mixed with fear and guilt.

                "I can't! I don't have the sonic! Jim...do something!" the Doctor yelled. He was out of ideas, and definitely out of options. Jim smiled and said, "Maybe your toy over here should have thought of that before she turned me down. I am the king and she has absolutely no right. It is a part of our culture in which someone who dares defy royalty be killed by the people. Therefore, this is your fate."

        "Dammit Jim! I'm the Doctor not a puppet master! I can't control her! She is a human being!" The Doctor yelled at Jim. (I am so sorry...but I had to include this reference for my trekkies.)

        The mob managed to grab Clara and drag her away. They then picked up the Doctor and put him back in his room, to await a proper execution by being released into deep space. He scooped up his screwdriver and burst out of the room. Clara was his first priority at the moment. If he lost her again he didn't think he could continue. Especially in this body.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

        The Doctor burst into the room where she was being held. The riot had her tied to a pole, almost like she was going to be burned at the stake.  She saw him and yelled something, but he couldn't hear her over the screaming of the riot. All he wanted was to get to her and he couldn't even do that. He raised the sonic into the air and and pressed the button. It emitted a sound that deafened everybody in the room with a piercing noise. He ran over to Clara and started untying her. But while he was doing that someone realized what he was doing and shot at her. Clara yelped in pain. The Doctor didn't have time to see how she had been hurt. He was carrying her bridal style as he ran away.

        He didn't know where the TARDIS was, and Clara was whimpering with each step that he took. He found the TARDIS eventually and burst inside. He laid Clara down on the floor. Clara had been shot right above her heart. It had punctured her lung and the Doctor couldn't use his regeneration on her. She was to far gone.

        "Clara, you can make it. Don't fall asleep...please. You can't go, not yet. We had so much to see," the Doctor said, sobbing. He was holding her in his arms, up against his chest.

        "Doctor, I'm not going to make it. I can feel it. You showed me the stars chin-boy...I love you for that. Just do me a favor," Clara said smiling. She was crying too, but was trying not to for his sake.

        "Anything," he said. The Doctor could see she was hurting but he needed her to hold on. He needed  her. Just Clara. Nothing else. He didn't need the TARDIS or time and space. He only needed this one fragile human girl lying in front of him in his arms. The enigma with the brown hair and the chocolate eyes, with a slight fetish for souffles.

        "Run, run you clever boy. And remember," Clara said, and with that she shut her eyes and let out her last breath. The Doctor pulled her body closer to him and whispered into her hair, "I'll remember."

Anyways, that's the end of this story! I hope you all enjoyed! Please comment, vote, and review. Also, please check out my other Whouffle "A Collection of Whouffle". I love you all, and thank you for reading this far.

 Peace out,

HeartlessWench