The Hats

Alright! Let's get this story up and running again! Sorry it's been so long...life just kind of gets in the way sometimes. I hope you all enjoy!

        The Doctor rushed Clara out of the TARDIS to what looked like Earth, London to be exact, but in the very early twentieth century.

        "Doctor, shouldn't we change into more appropriate clothes?" Clara asked, getting very snobby looks from the women who were passing by, (considering she was wearing a skirt above her knees and they had just bounced out of a very small looking blue box), and getting small smirks from the men who were passing by. She tried to pull down her short skirt a little bit more, and the Doctor just laughed at her, "Sure, if you want. Off you pop, the wardrobe will be right in front." Clara ran inside while the Doctor yelled, "And be quick about it!"

        Clara strolled out of the TARDIS in a very dapper looking dress, but still getting strange looks from everyone due to the fact that she just appeared out of a box. The Doctor offered Clara his arm, and she took it graciously as they decided to walk towards a very nice looking resturant. They were chatting, laughing, smiling, and enjoying themselves very much. They entered the resturant, where they were given seats, and ordered a pot of tea and a couple slices of pie. Clara got up to go get another pot of tea for the table, loving how she just had pie for breakfast; something she normally reserved for the holidays.

        Clara walked up to the bar in the front and asked the man, "Another pot of tea please?" while she laid out the money required for the new pot. The man just looked at her and said, "Why didn't your friend over there come up here? He certainly seems able." He then took her money and started getting the pot ready.

        "I don't really see how that's your business, but if you must know, he offered. I just wanted to do it myself. Men don't have to do everything," Clara said, anxious for the tea. She was a little worried she was breaking character to the man in front of her. Women were supposed to let men do everything in public...it was pretty much all they did in this time besides work in factories.

        "Here you go. And I think that you should remember your place, especially in public. Could get you in trouble one day," the man whispered. He then walked into the back room and was gone. Clara picked up the pot and walked back over to the Doctor. "Seemed like a friendly bloke," the Doctor said.

        "Something like that, yeah," Clara said. As they finished off their tea, the Doctor suggested exploring the city. Clara of course agreed, and they set off. They walked into a shop that sold a bunch hats, and of course Clara wanted one. How many people could say they went hat shopping in early twentieth century London? Well, actually a lot of people...but none that were alive today, Clara thought to herself.

        Clara was picking up some hats, trying them on, and then putting them back down. The Doctor saw no fezzes, so was helping Clara and laughing at how picky she was being. "Well I want it to be the perfect one," Clara would say everytime.

        Just then the owner of the shop came out and approached the couple. He had been watching them for a while, they seemed wealthy. Maybe they would pay more than the tag said, he certainly could lie about the price. But that didn't really matter to him; human money was pretty much useless to him.

        "How may I help you two today?" The man asked kindly.

        "Just looking for a hat. Stopped in just because we were passing by. I really do love London," Clara said smiling. She felt something caress the back of her hand and looked down to see that she was holding the Doctor's hand. She hadn't even realized she was doing it...it had just become a habit for the two. The owner also saw this and said, "Oh so you two are married? I saw no ring or anything of the sort. May I ask your names? I didn't catch them."

        "The Doctor and Clara Oswald, and no, we're not married," the Doctor replied hastily. He hated it when people assumed that him and his companions were in relationships. He wasn't sure what to define he and Clara as, but that wasn't really important at the moment.

        "Doctor? So you two are courting then...?" He was trying to stall them at this point. He had heard three heartbeats in the room (not counting his own) and was wondering if this was the last Timelord he had heard about. The one that could save him.

        "Well...er...no. Just friends. And yes the Doctor. Just the Doctor," the Doctor responded.

        "The last of the Timelords, then? The one who could save me from everything?"

        "How the hell do you know who he is?" Clara asked.

        "I'm dying. You've got to save me. If you don't my species will be extinct. I'm the last, just like you. Please, you've got to help," the owner of the shop pleaded.

        "Sir, I, I mean we, can't just do that. If it was meant to happen it was meant to happen. I know your kind; they destroyed the entire Point Galaxy. So if you want me to save you, who decided to wipe out fifty different species, it won't happen. Clara, we have to leave. Now," the Doctor growled at the store owner. He was ready to kill him on the spot, but he couldn't let Clara see that side of him.

        "Doctor! We can't just leave him to die! That's not what we do. We help everyone who needs it," Clara pleaded. But the Doctor wasn't listening; he was already dragging her out of the shop. Of course, she refused, and dragged her feet as much as she could. She was crying, more out of fear of the unforgiving man that was standing before her. The Doctor was done with her antics. He threw her over his shoulder and carried her out, despite her punching and kicking. He dropped in one of the chairs in the TARDIS and took off.

        Clara walked up and slapped him. "You know that's not what we do. I don't think I even know you anymore, you heartless bastard," she yelled and then stormed down the hall to her room. The Doctor just stood there in shame. He didn't know what came over him. He just started polishing the console yet again, trying to clear his head and let Clara cool down.

So that's it...it will be continued sometime soon. I don't know when yet. Please vote, review, and as always, keep loving Doctor Who!