Destined....

4th May 2017.
It was a rainy day, a quite uncommon one for a South Indian summer. All that filled my mind was she and her health. I started feeling insecure for the past two days and lost my sleep as a chill went through my spine when I thought of losing her.

Being a sick person is tough. I know. What's more painful is the mental agony of your soul mate. "Why didn't you tell me about yourself earlier? Two weeks aren't enough."

My head wasn't with me. It's was the day and my mind had realised. It was rather the heart that required heavy consolation. Her last words swam through my head. Her message, to be precise.

" 'You've swam enough through,
my blue, blue eyes.
Pray hard for our love, so true,
let God hear our petty prattle and cries...'

I'll miss you Ram.

With love, forever
Hina."

I came home, feeding false hopes to myself. I pinged her like 20 times. No response. "The customer you are calling is not answering. Please try again later." These were the words that increased my anxiety.

An hour later, her father called. I dropped my phone as a thunder struck my ear and a chill crawled up my head.
"I'm sorry son. We put our everything into this."

I wish I had steeled myself...