Fall...

4th May 2017.

I tried keeping Hina alive for all these days, staring at her sea blue eyes. They weren't the same anymore. It's divine glow, though intact, was blurring. So did my heart and any hope I had of survival. Papa took over the company while I took care of her. She is anything but a burden to me....

I could no longer use the term "Life is all good." Why? Because it wasn't.

I used every buck in my hand to keep her alive. Every single buck of cash. After all, which fool would choose money over his happiness?

Every single moment passed with a smirk in the lips and a tear from the eyes. I relived all those years with Hina, over and over. And it all happened when I sunk deep into her eyes, dimming by the second.

No calls were attended since the past month and I severed any and every mode of contact with my home. She's my life and I'll do anything to get her up and smiling!

To my disappointment, things didn't go as planned. Her heart withered by the moment. I requested a transplant from the organ bank. No response.

Then came this day, the day that declares me a sinner. I have to mercy kill her. I've to sacrifice my joy to stop its suffering. Tough choice, right?

Still, it's my duty as I am her sworn better half. Papa was shattered and dad was outta touch. Hell, I was outta touch with my own self for the past month.

And as the clock struck mid-day, I couldn't but help going into the washroom and shout like a barbarian. A hospital is accustomed to wailing. My dead soul and dying light, was not. The scheduled time was 12:30 p.m. The clock ticked slowly as the minute hand made its way pointing to the direction parallel to the hour hand. It was as if that the clock split itself to grant a safe passage towards heaven through the burning conflagrations of hell. The moments dragged themselves close and my soul away from me. The doctor was kind enough to not give me the syringe. "This hand daren't carry the blood of its own soul!" he said. He is a nice man, isn't he?

I had to force my eyes to not shut as he administered the poison into Hina's wrist. She was injected with the poison. I began burning. Every inch of my soul charred.

I stood there, emotionless as she was twitching on the bed. She reached out for something and I gave her my hand. She held it tight.

She dragged me close to her mouth.

She kissed me and said "Let's meet again when you get your wings and have a harp instead of a violin. Love you Ram. With all my dead heart."

And as her words ceased, her empty eyes pierced their view upon the ceiling. Though her breath ceased to exist, the light in those blue eyes didn't fade. Not one bit.

Little did I know that a shattering fall could throw such a melancholic spectacle...

In fond memory...