Paths....

20th March 2017.
Hina gradually showed good progress in health, so did my soul. The exams were finally over for me and I had to study for the college entrance exam. Hina appeared for the instant exams that happend the week after the general exams started. People under deserving and special conditions were the ones allowed in that exam. Three days after the final exams, Hina came to my home. I was quite surprised.

"Hey honey! What's up? Why do I have the pleasure of meeting you unexpectedly?" I asked with a sense of glee. It felt so happy to see her the way she is, a merry ray of sunshine.

"Nothing. Dad wanted to convey something to father in law. So, I came." said Hina, sporting a shy and sly look. 
She went to the living room. There, Papa sat in his easy chair reading newspaper.

"Um... Mr. Sharma? How are you? Been a while since I've met you. How's aunty?" spoke Hina, casually.

Suddenly, Hina prostrated in front of papa. She surely was upto something now.

"Um... Uncle..... I've to tell you something. It kinda concerns me and Ram. It's serious." said Hina to Papa as fright mounted on both of our heads. Papa called me and ordered me to stay on the scene. 

"Well... Break the ice Hina. I'll try to accept it with an open mind and heart." said papa, with an almost undetectable nervousness. Papa generally was a calm person. 

"Uncle... Me and Ram were in love since the fourth week we met. We'd like to take our relationship to the next level. I've my father's approval and I wanted to know about your opinion over this issue." hastily said Hina.

"There are some parameters that I'd like to consider in this place. You've been true to me in this issue and I'm happy over the fact that the two of you are happy when together.

I also know about your heart transplant. Welcome back to the living. Now, to truly live, you need to live your dreams. I'd be happy to see you as my daughter in law!" said papa in a reassuring tone.

Our joy knew no bounds. I was happy and I felt so privileged to have such a parent.

Kanha Sharma, owner of Sharma steels is a man known by almost everyone in the steel processing industries. He was at the pinnacle of his trade.

Despite being a successful industrialist, he always had time to spare for family. I'll be happy for eternity, thanks to papa's decision.

"Thank you so much Mr. Sharma! You're such a gem!!!! I'll be a good daughter in law.

Now, the actual reason of my visit. My papa wanted you to be his  special guest for the gala he's hosting the next week. He wants to expand the horizons of our trade by proposing a union between Das industries and Sharma steels. Please come. The whereabouts will be mailed to your secretary." said Hina. She now meant serious business.

Papa was happy for his decision. Apart from seeing his son happy, he was happy for this union.

As days passed, we ceased to have a reason to lie to our parents. Hina and I spent a lot of time in the shooting range in her home. We had fun shooting every possible weapon in the armoury. Perks of dating a defense contractor's daughter.

I always preferred bows over guns. Lucky for me, bows are their key products.

Soon, Hina and I became the in field testers of every weapon produced by Das industries. Life stabilised sooner than I expected.

It was the day of the gala. There was the general chit chat and all the rich talk. The business union became official in the Gala.

Me and Hina were obviously bored. Suddenly, we were called to the stage. We slowly walked towards the stage, nervousness overtaking her and my mind. Mr. Das cleared his throat and started speaking:

"Ladies and gentlemen, this event has been planned for quite a while now. These two who stand before you now, they're the future of the Das and Sharma family businesses. Now that business is united, we decided that family be united too. People, I hereby declare Ram Sharma and Hina Das engaged to each other!"

We were given a pair of rings to be exchanged. That's it! Our union is official. Mind and soul were overwhelmed by the events that occurred today. 

After we exchanged rings, Papa started an announcement.

"Ladies and gentlemen. After due consideration, me and Mr. Das have decided something. I hereby declare Hina Das the CEO of  Sharma steels!"

"And I declare Ram Sharma the CEO of Das industries!" said Mr. Das!

Fate really takes bewildering turns...