Glimpses...

28th August 2012.
It was a special day of the year for my parents for their light was born that day. I cherished my parents. They were the only people who actually appreciate my positive side, unlike the world. After them, it was Hina who carried the torch. Hina, carrying the light of love. My love. It was odd to a failure who senses love from the outside world. "A cave animal!" she called me. Except, God put me in an abyss and called it a cave. She was my ladder.

It was 12 in the morning. As usual,

"Happy Birthday Ram!!!! "

There were loud applauses and flying confetti as I cut the cake and fed some to Hina, mom and pops. "Enjoy your life son. Happy Birthday." said pops as he pat my head and let me and Hina alone. "So he knew." said mind. "Talk of the hour, mind!" said soul as it put a frown upon mind. "Shut up! Both of you." I thought. Suddenly,  there was sound.

"Krr... Krr...." rung the land-line, ruining my ideal dream. I picked it up and a fright mounted my heart as I spoke.

"Hello. Who's this?"

"Who do you think? Jerk! "

My heart beat vigorously as I heard the voice that my ears were desperate for.

"Hi dada! How's America? " I asked with enthusiasm. Shiv Shankar Sharma, my elder brother is an exchange student in Wayne state university, Detroit. He was my first teacher and my second parent. "This one actually cares!" said the mind. As usual, I silenced it.  "Who gives a damn about America?! Open the goddamn door!" said dada.

I was thrilled, truth be told. So, I opened the door in hopes of seeing dada. Instead,

"Happy Birthday Ram!!!!!" was the first thing I heard, and the voice was too squeaky for dada's. Suddenly, confetti flew around the courtyard and there came a female figure in a beautiful black short skirt.

"Dude! I accidentally showed you a prophecy! It wasn't a dream! A Happy Birthday indeed." said the brain as I stood speechless while I was shoved a violin up my hand.

"You never told me you played violin, Birthday boy. Come on. Let's make this a real party. Play something Ram." said Hina, as a smile crawled up my face.

I've never been better. Thus, I began playing a tune which she immediately grasped. It was her favorite song! How couldn't she? 

I stared into her lovely blue eyes the whole time. She stared at my eyes too. This time, there was something that I wanted to see. A kind ray of sunshine fell upon my soul as she kept staring.

She really was the girl of my dreams...