Just life

"Eat it"

"No."

"Eat"

"I'm not hungry"

"That sound would suggest otherwise" John said with a smirk as Sherlocks stomach growled and he tried to wrap an arm around himself to muffle the noise.

"I don't need it, I'm busy" Sherlock insisted, arm wrapped tight around his stomach as he continued to focus the lens on the microscope. John continued to hold the fork with noodles up to his face, waiting patiently.

"Sherlock, just open your bloody mouth!" John demanded exasperated.

Sherlock groaned before opening his mouth and obligingly chewing the forkful of chow mein that John deposited there.

"There's a good lad" John said with s smile, pushing Sherlocks curly fringe away from his forehead before he pressed a kiss to the pale alabaster skin, Sherlock continued chewing, a smile across his lips as he looked into the microscope lens studying the developing bacteria.

"Another?" John asked, nudging the fork against the younger mans lips. Sherlock sighed before taking the food and continuing to work.

This continued until Sherlock had finished the meal and John was smiling smugly to himself at his achievement.

He leaned down and pecked Sherlocks cheek before straightening and turning around to the sink. He deposited the cutlery and plate onto the side before he filled the bowl with hot water mixed with cold and dish soap and then began the monotonous task of cleaning the dishes that had developed since a few days prior before the case had began.

It had been a confusing case, no murder weapon discovered, just water, exactly two liters of water around the body and what appeared to be a wound from a knife, as it turned out the water was the result of a dagger that had been made of ice, the weapon had been left in the victim to melt leaving a hole in the victims stomach showing through to the other side.

Sherlock was tired but he still had samples to check over that end left to develop from a week ago, a cold case that would be easily closed up if he could successfully finish this. So John left him to finish it up.

It was only when Sherlock had jumped up from his chair with a yelp of excitement as he finally had enough evidence to prove that Charlotte Herald was in fact innocent.

"John text George, tell him what we know, we've done it John!" Sherlock called from the kitchen.

John smiled to himself as he typed out the message to Lestrade, hitting send.

"You did it all yourself, love" John said gently as he made his way back to the kitchen, placing his phone on the side table and turning to his husband, pulling him into a tight hug, his head resting on Sherlocks shoulder as his own arms began to wind their way around John, one across his shoulder blades and one hand flat against the small of his back.

"I wouldn't have done it without you, you know that" Sherlock whispered into John's ear, turning his head so that his lips brushed the shell slightly.

"We're a team, me and you, always have been, always will be" John said gently, pulling back from his husband and kissing him gently on the lips, before guiding him to their bedroom so they could settle down for the night.

They changed and then climbed into bed, John curling around Sherlocks lithe form, tucking his neck against Sherlocks collar bone and breathing him in. Stroking a hand from Sherlocks nape to his tailbone and up again.

"Perfect boy, get some rest now" John whispered lovingly, his breath warm against Sherlocks face as they swapped position slightly and so Sherlocks head was buried into John's chest, John's head resting against the top of his, curls tickling his nose.

"Goodnight John"

"And I'll see you in the morning" John finished with a smile.

"Yes, you will" and John felt the grin that was pressed against his skin.