Update-24 feb 18

A/N: this is short but hope you enjoy!

I know I haven't updated in a while, life's been busy, what with cases and Rosie (Sherlock calls her bumble) and then the cleaning up of the flat.

I've decided it's a good time to update you all, all 1895 of you, and maybe those that have joined and left.

We are back, we always have been and we've started living back at the flat and everything is as close to normal as it has ever been between us, I guess there's more now, something softer round the edges and the merge between the two of us is now blurred but typing now with him currently sat on the floor, our daughter walking towards him, I realise there may be more than there once was.

So yes I know you will read this later Sherlock, you'll probably do a grammar check before I even publish it but before you do, I have some things to say that although hard to write, are easier to write than to say.

So to Sherlock,

You have always been more than a friend, more than a brother could ever be and closer than any family I've had even though you act so distant to all those people I know your true side and I'm proud of you, to say that we're a partnership and wherever that takes us.

If It all ended tomorrow I'd still be happy to say I got the privilege of meeting this beautiful and intelligent man I called a colleague to now being my best friend that is blurring into something more.

Thankyou for that.

I guess i should thank the man who shot me as well in the end, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have even come home that year, maybe not for years, and then the chance of meeting mike after all those years just to find the madman Sherlock Holmes.

Thankyou everyone, but most of all

Thankyou Sherlock

You resurrected a dead man and I can never thank you enough for that.

John

Ps. For all the times we could never find the right words.

He cut the computer off then and folded it down, saving the post before slipping from his chair to sit opposite Sherlock as Rosie made her way from one man to the other, cheering her on as she took unsteady steps.

"Come on bumble!" Sherlock called as he held his arms out to her.

"Pa!" She exclaimed excitedly before stumbling over and falling into his arms with an excited giggle.

John took photos of the moment and smiled fondly at what had become his peculiar yet perfect family before going over and hugging them both, feeling Sherlock momentarily tense before relaxing again and smiling into Johns jumper.

He'd started wearing jumpers again, becoming the cuddly doctor he has once been, the retired army captain. Sherlock thought of it often. The teddy like appeal who could wield a pistol like second nature, more instinctual and capable with a gun than preparing their morning tea.

John held them both close before getting up and preparing their food for tea, pressing a kiss to the detectives curls as he left leaving the detective confused with a faint blush on his cheeks running down his neck as the seconds passed.

At the end of the day, late into the evening, they sat down, in the chairs- that had been slowly getting closer each year- once Rosie was asleep and trailed off into a peaceful silence drinking tea and reading newspapers.

It was John that eventually broke the peaceful silence.

"Sherlock, would you mind checking through my post, I know you'll only correct me later anyway" John asked.

Cerulean eyes slowly drifted up from the newspaper to Johns face and after a few moments a decisive nod that set his curls more messy than they already were and it was decided.

John handed his computer over and waited expectantly.

A/N: that's where I'm gonna leave this one, the possibility of anything! Also, comment like Johns blog just for the fun of it!