The Frozen Rider! Part Two

I ran to what I had been told was the armory tent. On my way there, Ayra stopped me. She was holding armor in her arms. "Here. We were having them made yesterday, they just finished." "Thanks." I said. I quickly slid on the greaves. "Give those to some one who needs them!" I told her as I ran off towards the battle field. Kicking off my shoes, I grabbed Shimo. "Reform!" I felt the weapon shift and change in my hand.

'Winter!'
'Ready.'

I threw part of the chain scythe in the air. Winter dove, grabbing the chain in his claws. I caught it just as he flew back up, pulling him with me. Zooming towards the enemy, she dropped me. "Reform!" I fell to the ground, landing in a crouch, I immediately started slashing at the soldiers around me. "Stab, kick, die, repeat." I mumbled in my mind. I spun, slicing ones head clean off.

"Where are you?'
'Not too far from you. Close enough that I can get to you in seconds though.'
'Ok.'

I took a defensive stance while I mentally made sure all my wards were in place. They were. I surprised the guy as I suddenly went to offense. I sliced at his chest, then made a stab at his neck. I heard a roar.

'Winter?'
'Fine.'

I looked up into sky. A red dragon flew by. I watched as Saphira and Eragon rose to meet it. The two dragons fighting. And just from the start you could tell who would win. And it wouldn't be us. One of the men took the chance to stab at my heart. I was fast enough to block it, but got cut on my shoulder. "Tawagoto. That hurt!" I used my foot to kick him back before he could get up I stabbed my sword into his heart. I booked it towards Winter. Who seemed to be holding his own pretty well. I slashed a sword man back, and climbed on. "Kore o yatte mimashou!" He rose into the air, flying straight over towards the fighting dragons. "Hi!" I said. On the red dragon sat a guy. He had grey eyes and dark brown hair.

'Wait. I want to see if I can talk this out.'
'Why do you pick now to try and be a pacifist!?'
'Because why not?'
'One of theses days that answer will kill you.'
'And I'll die happy.'

"And who's this Eragon? I didn't know there was more eggs. I'm sure Galbotorix will be happy to know you have more." The guy said. "You don't have to go back. Murtagh, there's a way to change your true name." Eragon said. "That's your name! Murtagh. Well, I'm Marco." He half glared at me. "You don't have to be mean."

'Can I attack now?'
'Yeah. Make sure it's a surprise though.'

"So can I at least know your dragon's name?" I asked. "It's Thorn." The second he finished saying it, Winter snapped at Thorns leg. He barley dodged. Murtagh pulled out his sword. "Zar'oc." I whispered. Saphira immediately jumped in, helping Winter in his attack against Thorn. Murtagh made a move to slash my shoulder. I leaned forward, pressing my chest to Winters back. He moved so that he could cut me in half. I let my ward catch it, feeling the energy drain from me. I sat back up, immediately standing on Winters back. I waited a second, then as Winter twisted to get under Thorn, I jumped. Landing on Thorns back I raised my sword. Murtagh was stuck in his saddle. Giving me the advantage. I hit him multiple times, his wards protecting him from my blade.

'How much energy does he have. A normal human, he'll even a human rider, should be dead on his feet.'
'Not sure.'

Winter twisted, zooming in front of Saphira and cutting her off, he swooped down and roared. Breathing ice on Thorns underbelly. He roared. I took the moment to slash his saddle, then swinging my sword like a bat knocking Mutagh off. Thorn dove after him and I jumped off. Saphira and Winter dove down. I watched Winter zoom past me. My eyes widened. Betrayal shot through my chest, as Saphira caught me. Eragon steadying me. "Are you ok?!" I nodded.

'I made sure Saphira was gonna catch you. I wouldn't leave you to die.'
'You should have told me.'
'I didn't have time to. I barely had time to communicate with Saphira.'

I sighed, it was always us scaring each other. Yet another reason why we fight separately. "I have an idea. But it will take a lot of help." Eragon told me. "Tell Saphira to grab the chain and drop it when I've reached the group. Like I did before. I'll support from the ground."

'Get the chain in my claws before.'

"Reform." I mumbled, letting the chain drop.

'Ok.'
'You realize that me talking straight to you like this used to be considered rude right?'
'No, I didn't.'
'You learn something new everyday.'

I ended the conversation, and jumped off. I watched as Murtagh rose up and Saphira dove down. She dropped my chain a few feet from the ground and I explained to the other elves what Eragon wanted to do. They nodded.

'Winter, come down and help fight the soldiers, the war down here isn't in our favor.'
'Got it.'

I merged my mind with Eragons. I immediately felt a surge of power drain from me. I felt Shimo turn back into a sword. I used it to steady me. Pushing myself to feed Eragon more. Black splotched filled my vision. Just a little bit more. I withdrew as I heard many yells of fury and agony.

'Winter?'
'It's seems the dwarf king has fallen.'
'What!!!!!'

If I knew anything about dwarves, it was their king was the most precious thing they knew. I withdrew from Eragon's mind. I quickly looked around me. Most of the elves meant to protect Eragon had fainted. I watched as Murtagh and Thorn flew away. Eragon and Saphira flying after them. The soldiers starting to retreat. I looked at unconscious elves, and the dead men. I wasn't sure this was a victory.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

My tent flap opened. "Marco. Nasuada would like to see you." I nodded, standing up and following the guard.

'I'm assuming this is about Eragon. It's been about a week if not more since he went to the Dwarf Conference.'
'I'm hoping. It would be good to hear some kind of news'

"You want to see me?" Nasuada nodded. "Eragon wished to go to the Ellesméra. Is there any chance you we would like you to meet him there." I nodded. "Of course. We'll leave tonight. I suggest telling the elves to make it look like Eragon comes back, while I leave." She smiled. "Those were my thoughts exactly. Go get ready. You'll leave as soon as possible."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

As we landed, many elves stared at us. Most were wide eyed. Few had tears in their eyes. I smiled. "Is everything where it used to be?" I asked. They nodded. Winter jumped back up, flying straight to where I knew Oromis would be. I jumped off before Winter was completely on the ground. Engulfing Oromis in a hug. "Marco, I see you still forget our greeting." I shook my head. "I don't care about the greeting. I'm glad your still alive." I let go, looking at Glaedr. "You as well." He nodded. His voice filling my head.

'I'm glad to see you well, Marco. You too Winter.'

Eragon stood. His tear stained face told me something had gone on before I got here. "I'll let you catch up. I need some time to think." I looked at Saphira, sleeping. Obviously exhausted. I looked back at Winter, he nodded. "Take Winter. Saphira looks like she barely has the energy to fly. Let alone carry you." He nodded, hopping on Winter. I motioned for Winter to take him. He gave a huff, but went up in the air. I looked at Saphira, then at Glaedr. I sighed, and sat down. Taking in the surroundings. "It's been among time forest."