Royals VS Rebels Chapter One

"Damnit!" I yelled, slamming my fist down on the table. The royals had once again killed another person, someone who did nothing but try to get food to survive. Not much.
"This kind of thing wouldn't happen if the taxes weren't so high." Thomas said. He was the "Shady" Potion Maker, of both the village, and the Rebels.
"Marco, what's the plan?" Ulric asked me. He was our top fighter, and apart of my private squad. Thomas was as well, but for different reasons. Everyone looked at me, I sighed. It wasn't easy being the leader of the rebels. Ayra stepped up on the table, where the main speaker stood. Mostly it was me or someone from my private squad. Ayra didn't need a reason, not only was she in that squad, she was my best friend and partner in crime. Literally.
"First things first. As always, stay low. Don't draw attention to yourselves and other rebels." I knew Ayra was just buying me time, so she started listening off our rules. The ones we like to start of meetings with, but always forget to. I motioned for her to finish up, now that I had a plan in my head. We switched, me on the table.
"Alright, thanks Ayra. I'm not gonna lie, 'cause you already know she was just buying me a little time." I started off with. The room filled with laughter. I smiled. "So here's what's gonna happen. Before anything, thank you Lilly for getting this info for us." Lilly was short for Lillian. She was our spy. She acted as a royal guard, and was highly trusted by the princesses. The king trusted no one but the head guard and a few elites that had been with the family for decades. She nodded.
"It's not a problem." She told us, a smirk on her face. She was another member in my private squad.
"Okay. So here's what we're gonna do. This info wasn't released to the public. We only know this because of our lovely Lilly. So we're gonna show them that they can't just hide the murders they do. That they can't just do whatever the hell they want. We, are gonna raid the kitchen. Give the food to those that need it. Lilly get up here and give us a blueprint of this 'lovely' castle we love so much." I said, Ayra tossed her a black marker. She jumped up on the table, kneeled down, and started drawing. "We paint the walls in pig blood, show them that nothing will been hidden from us. We shall hang one of their guards as a trade. They kill one of us, we kill one of them!!" I yelled. Everyone cheered and we started plan our attack.

"Momma!" I screamed. "Papa!" I tried to run forward, but a guard grabbed my arm and pulled me back. He looked down at me.
"Your parents are paying for their crimes." I shook my head. All my mother did was bring a loaf of bread home from the castle kitchen, where she worked as a maid. My father had resisted letting the guards take my mother, a sign of disrespect to the King and Queen. We barely were able to feed ourselves. My brother hugged me.
"Marco, there's nothing we can do. Cover your eyes." I shook my head.
"Momma! Papa!" My mother looked at me, her eyes met mine. 'I love you' she mouthed. Not even a second later, the platform beneath them collapsed, and they fell. The only thing I heard was a sickening 'crack', I fell to my knees and screamed.

"How could he?!" I yelled, Ayra flinched.
"What did he do?" She asked, her voice frail and her body shaking. Ayra was a friend I had made on the streets. Her parents had been imprisoned for staying out after a curfew was put in place for a few weeks due to a murderer. They never came back. Leaving her, much like me, to fend for herself on the streets.
"He joined the royal guard!" I yelled, turning to face my friend. Her eyes widened in surprise.
"What?!" She said, getting to her feet. My brother, Tyler, was one of us until recently. Apart of the band of kids who lived on the streets. "Why?"
"I don't know. I didn't ask. I don't want to know. He's a bastard."
"Whose a bastard?" Remi asked, rounding the corner into the alleyway. His bag looking full.
"Tyler." Ayra spoke for me. Remi quickly ran over and gave me a hug. I shook him off. I didn't want hugs. I wanted to punch something. Luckily he took the hint.
"If it makes you feel any better, I managed to get some fresh stuff." I looked at Ayra, this was a rare treat. Something that we were rarely ever able to grab.
"Let's head back to the hide out. I managed to grab a few coins from a traveling merchants coin pouch."

I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned to see Ayra. She came me a concerned look. I shook my head.
"Old memories." I whispered. She nodded grimly. Remi was the first to die when we created this group. It was hard on all of us. Ayra mostly, she had been in love with him after all. I watched as the last bit of sun hid behind the horizon. I turned to my small army of rebels.
"Let's go."

(First time posting in a LONG time, this is something I started a few years ago. But just recently went back and added to it. It's a little short that everything used to be. But, it's something.)