The Queens Dragon Chapter One

Chapter One The Queens Dragon

"Miss Viper, wake up." I turned, curled up into a ball, and buried my head further into my pillow.
"Go away."
"You have plans today, remember?" I looked up at my butler. A fallen angel who only needed a soul to complete his transformation into a demon.
"Remind me." I ordered him, as I sat up.
"Well for starters, you wanted to personally deliver the new guns to the Yard. You also told me to wake you up early, stating 'you had paperwork to be done, and knives to sharpen.'" Derek responded, as I start to drink the cup of coffee he had handed me. I nodded my head. "You also have mail that I set on your desk."
"Thank you." I yawned. I got out of bed and put on my wrist sheath. To most it looked like a wrist brace, but in reality, it hid a small dagger laced with poison. It also covered up my seal. The one that bonded Derek to me. "Go get started on breakfast, and send in Mina to help me dress." I ordered.
"Of course."

"Thank you, Mina. You're dismissed."
"Of course Miss Viper. It's my job. Call for me if there is anything else I can do for you." Mina told me as she bowed, then walked out of the room. After dressing in a black pair of men's trousers and a nice sleeveless shirt, I grabbed the long coat that was meant to be worn on top. People always got at me, saying things like, 'A young women should not be wearing men's clothing. Especially one of wealth.' I didn't like how dresses felt. They made me feel vulnerable, the corsets were itchy and too tight, not to mention, they wouldn't hide the many weapons I kept on me at all times.

I walked out of my room and into my office to see Derek waiting with more coffee and raspberry danish. I smiled. "This looks great, thank you. You know I'm not fond of big breakfasts."
"Of course, would you like me to get Amber for you?" He asked, I nodded as I looked through the papers on my desk. First noticing the letter on top with the queens seal. I quickly ripped it open just as Derek set my golden snake on my desk. Amber immediately slithered up my arm and made herself comfy around my neck.
I had found her when I was little and took a great liking to her, despite my parents warnings, I took her home. When they died of disease, I took my sister and Amber and moved us to our summer home in London. Where I did what I could to keep the family business going. It was stationed there in London, making it the reason for the change in location. Assassins Weapons was a business that made and sold weapons. From guns and knives to whips and swords, we sold just about everything.
Months after moving, me and my sister were kidnapped. After they killed my sister, they tried to use me as a sacrifice to summon a god. That was when Derek showed up. Offering to make a contract with me, at the time, giving me a choice. Either die, or survive. I accepted, and in return for my soul, I wanted the organization dead, to find and murder those that had killed my sister.

Amber rubbed her head against my cheek. I looked at her.
"Sorry girl, just thinking." I told her and I took out the letter and read it.

To my Faithful Dragon,
I hope that you are well, as I have a task for you. I ask that you pair up with my dear Guard Dog and take on this case. Many noble women and children have been going missing lately, only to be found dead in the streets. I ask that they be brought to justice.

Yours truly,
Queen Elizabeth

After reading the letter, I look at the date of the rest of my work. All of it due months away. "Derek!" I yelled, grabbing a my coat once more. I open the door to see Derek about come in.
"Yes, Miss Viper?"
"Is the order for the yard ready to be delivered?" I asked, brushing past him, into the hall.
"Yes. It's in the carriage ready at a moments notice." Derek said, following me towards Mina's room.
"Good, I need you to set this up." I told him, as I handed him the letter and knocked on my maids door.
"Right away Miss Viper." He responded, walking off to do as he was told. Mina opened her door.
"Yes Miss?" She asked, tilting her head.
"Can you set up a suit case for a few days. I may be going to another estate for a week. Including my whetstone and extra ammo." She smiled.
"Would you like a sniper rifle to be packed as well?" I nodded.
"You know me too well. It had slipped my mind. Of course." Mina laughed , and went to work.

"Miss Viper. We're here." I opened my eyes and shifted all of my hair to one side. Derek opened the door and helped me down and out of the carriage.
"I really need to get more sleep." He laughed.
"I think the problem is too much sleep." I rolled my eyes. The door to the manor opened, and a tall black butler held the door opened. He had red eyes that gleamed the second he saw Derek. I looked between the two.
"Welcome to the Phantomhive manor Miss  Viper. The Young Master is in his study. I shall take you there." He said, offering his arm. I nodded, taking his arm. Choosing to ignore the fact that the butlers were obviously not on good terms.

"Young Master, your guest is here."
"Enter." The butler opened the door, sitting at the desk was the Guard Dog himself.  Ciel Phantomhive, the head of the popular toy company 'Funtom', he wasn't much younger than I was, only being two years younger than me. I let go of the butlers arm and walked forward. "Miss Viper, it's a pleasure." I shook my head.
"Please, drop the 'Miss' I'm not much older than you. Simply call me Viper." He nodded.
"Of course, please sit, and we can discuss the matter of these disappearances over some tea." He said, making his way to a chair in front of a small table. Derek came forward and pulled out a chair for me while the other butler left, most likely to get such tea.
"Thank you, but I'm honestly not much of a fan of tea. I've always preferred water or coffee, but thank you for the offer." I sat down. "Now, as I had to make a delivery to the Yard, I did pick up a copy of the information about the missing people." I explained, motioning for Derek to hand me the files. He placed them in my hand as Ciel's butler walked in with a cart.
"Thank you Sebastian, if would you please fetch some water for Viper." Ciel stated.
"But of course, I shall be back." I turned to Derek.
"Go see if there is anything you can do to help, I feel bad for having you make all this tea, only for me not to drink it." I ordered. He nodded, bowed, then followed Sebastian out the door. "Have you done any research on this case yet?" I asked.
"No, the Queen wished for us to work together on this case, so I waited for you." He responded. I smiled.
"That's very kind. Though I can't say the same. I have some connections in the black market that I have reached out to see if they know anything." I explained. Ciel nodded.
"May I ask why you have such connections?"
"Of course. As the head of a weapons company, I prefer knowing how many of the weapons I sell end up down there. If it seems the number gets too big, I go through my customers, I don't want people to think I sell them there myself. So I have someone keep an eye down there for me." I told him.
"Why not make sure there are none down there at all?"
"That would be nearly impossible, to do it, I would have to destroy the black market itself. Besides being a major source of the economy, the whole system is massive, and has a knack for surviving just about anything. Hence the reason it exists despite the constant effort of authorities to tear it down."
"You are quite knowledgeable about these things."
"Of course, we run two completely different types of companies, Mister Phantomhive. While Funtom deals with candy and children's toys, the happier things, Assassins Weapon's deal with the much darker side of the world. Where death is a common delicacy. Though as the Guard Dog to the Queen, you would know all about this anyway. I'm sure you have your own ties to those who wonder the dark market." I was about to say more, but Sebastian and Derek walked back in. Sebastian had a pitcher in hand, or what I assumed to be water. Derek walked back to my side, while Sebastian bowed.
"Your butler informed me you were quite fond of lemonade. So I have prepared a pitcher for you." I quickly turned to look at Derek. I sighed, before looking back.
"I do, though I hate being such a pain." I said feeling guilty.
"A butler who isn't capable of pleasing guests isn't worth his salt." I saw Ciel roll his eyes.
"Well, thank you." I said, tucking a few stray hairs behind my ear as he poured me a glass. I took a drink of the lemonade, then looked to Ciel. "So back to the case."

Let me know what you think, if you weren't able to tell this was Black Butler Fanfic. I've had this one for awhile, but it wasn't nearly long enough to post. Finally added more on while I had nothing to do on a flight to Ohio.

-Frosty